Band of the Moment (Macca and Beatles not included)

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:47 pm

Paperback Writer wrote:The Supremes- Listen to their first ten hits - or so - incredible testement to the Motown Sound, the great musicians, the writers, the Supremes (in pre-Diva days for Dianna).

I remember one of their hits was always sandwiched between a Beatle and Rolling Stones hit on the local radio - and there was NO letdown - at all!

My dad had a double LP best-of from them and I always played it growing up. Once I told him it was the best record he owned. (My mom owned the Beatles records :wink: )

When I became really serious about music in my mid to late teens, I went through a phase where I dismissed a lot of Motown records because I thought they were watered down soul, not "pure" soul like the Stax sound. :roll: I'm glad I moved out of that phase! Over-all I still prefer the Stax sound, but both Stax and Motown have excellent things to offer. Motown had some of the greatest songwriters, musicians, producers, and singers around. H-D-H wrote some of the greatest pop songs of all time. They still stand up today. 8)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:10 am

I do a mean version of "Betcha By Golly Wow" when I think no one else is listening. Not sure what all the dog barking is about though. :wink:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists