D E V O!

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

D E V O!

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Some people say Devo are a one-hit wonder. Well, one hit wonder or not. There's no denying that Devo's put out alot of fun tunes! I've been fixated with them quite a bit lately. Right now, all I have are CDs of "Greatest Hits" and "The Essentials", and I have a promo 45 of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" that's in mono on the way, and the LP vinyl copy of "New Traditionalists" with a 7" of "Working In The Coal Mine". BTW, I have a question:If you play a mono record on a stereo turn table, does that damage the needle or anything? Anyway, my favorite DEVO tunes are:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
That's Good
Girl U Want
Working In The Coal Mine (from the Heavy Metal soundtrack, also included as a bonus 7" with the LP vinyl release of "New Traditionalists")
Through Being Cool
Jerkin' Back 'n' Forth
Beautiful World
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:04 pm

and I say whip it

da da da dada!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:19 am

go ahead make my heart sing with happiness ! first, the flaming lips put out another winner...now, you bring up our devolved, better selves.

WE ARE NOT WHOLE...WE ARE devo !!

absolute, alltime favorite track : Jocko Homo !! (are we not men ?)
after that...just anything off the first two albums...satisfaction...uncontrollable urge, praying hands, too much paranoias !!!
mongoloid (he was a mongoloid...happier than you and me !)
the devo corporate anthem !!!
Mothersbaugh went on to do music for nickolodeans 'rugrats' and other shows...got the first two on lp, and Live: the mongoloid years on CD...hold the pickle, hold the lettuce !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:17 am

Mothersbaugh certainly belongs on a list of the most under-rated musicians of the past 50 years. His film scores for Wes Anderson's movies are incredible. Hopefully one of these days he will win an Oscar.

And of course all of Devo's stuff is incredible. I wish I had seen them when they were with Lollapalooza a few years ago.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music - Other Artists