Scott Weiland vs. W Axl Rose

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby chris » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:52 pm

Okay, maybe not Mexican dishwashers...just kidding. I had...no, still have it, a book titled "The Playboy Interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono". It was taken just days before his death, just after the release of Double Fantasy. I swear to you, when asked if the Beatles would still have been the Beatles, if it were John, Paul and two other guys, John's reply was yes. The exact quote was ...Lennon: "Lets say, I think its possible for John and Paul to have created the same thing with two other guys. It may not have been possible for George and ringo to have created it without John and paul. Okay?" I recall being a bit surprised at that answer, maybe even shocked. This is the Beatles we're talking about, right? John said that?

Having gotten that out of the way, really, if Paul had hired three session musicians to play for him, am I really in the minority that Wings wouldn't have been just as good? If I am alone here, I will gladly tip my hat and admit my errant ways. But my point is, if John can say that about the Beatles, I don't think its much of a stretch to say the same about Wings.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:51 am

well, paul has used assorted backup, including the semi-temporary types like hamish and robbie, now abe, brian, etc. and the sound is not really the same...wings had a 'feel', a sound...it could be all paul, but, i think it was the core combo paul, linda and denny, when they stopped, that specific feel and sound stopped, too.

(aren't we in the npc area...i fear we stray too far)
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists