The most prolific artists?

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:26 pm

I think some of these guys have periods where their creativity hits them like a rush, then it kind of runs dry - Pete Townshend is sort of like that. He was very prolific in the late '60s/early '70s, then it kind of dried up. I honestly don't see how these guys like Van Morrison and Neil Young keep it up. I really don't see that many younger artists trying to keep the same pace - maybe you're right, Higamster, they are focusing more on touring now to bring in the $$$.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:00 pm

Come to think of it. Jimi Hendrix was releasing a lot of material before he died. After he died he released even more music!!

Quite an achievement!!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby funkbeatle » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:44 pm

If we're talking about most prolific in producing and releasing albums, we could mention The Rolling Stones. The guys are more than 42 yrs on the road as a band almost in non-stop releasings. Also Macca is a very much prolific artist since he also is present for almost 45 yrs in the showbiz if we count the Beatle-era. There are still many prolific artists releasing works that are staying in the showbiz since many years ago.
funkbeatle

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists