Who will take over after the old bands??

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby chris » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:41 pm

mtm, you're right. all of these old timers have proved time and time again that they can still make great music. and, again, you are right about that most concert goers only want to see the big hits. i think its because its these original hits that made these bands / artists popular and successful in the first place.

but again, as you said, you aren't talking about fans (obviously, short for fanatics). fans would love to see paul play wanderlust, followed by beware my love in concert. its the casual concert goer (is goer a word?) is happy singing along to hey jude again and again. the casual fan makes up the majority of people both buying records and sitting in the seats at concert venues. sorry to say, but its the casual fan that these artists have to keep happy.

i was shocked to actually witness the most recent show in chicago, to see the indifference in fans faces while he played flaming pie. i would have been pissed off, but really, how pissed off can you really be when you're at a paul mccartney concert?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:48 am

MTM said: I think it's unfortunate that more folks aren't digging the new stuff.

I totally agree, but a lot of people don´t take the time to listen to new bands. I find it hard to find time to dig into new stuff myself. You stick to what you know!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:51 am

EddieV wrote:MTM said: I think it's unfortunate that more folks aren't digging the new stuff.

I totally agree, but a lot of people don´t take the time to listen to new bands. I find it hard to find time to dig into new stuff myself. You stick to what you know!!
lol, if you stick to what you know you'll never learn anything.
Sticking to what you know is bad policy.

p.s: I think MOJO said 2006 would be the "year of the Who" and not to let anyone tell you any-different. High praise for Endless Wire from MOJO.

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/di ... 00&zone=pr

mojo review at midway down the page.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:21 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:
EddieV wrote:MTM said: I think it's unfortunate that more folks aren't digging the new stuff.

lol, if you stick to what you know you'll never learn anything.
Sticking to what you know is bad policy.

p.s: I think MOJO said 2006 would be the "year of the Who" and not to let anyone tell you any-different. High praise for Endless Wire from MOJO.

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/di ... 00&zone=pr

mojo review at midway down the page.

I don´t stick to what I know, Lazarus.

Looking forward to the new Who-Album :lol: :lol:
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:09 pm

i don't know if sticking to what you know is really bad policy. if i were having a brain tumor removed, for instance...i think it would be a most enormous advantage to actually have a brain surgeon do the surgery, instead of maybe a lawn and garden guy do it. but thats just me.

and, while i love the who...i don't know if the remaining two guys, even if they are the two main remaining guys, qualify for calling themselves the who. but i'm really excited about the brand new townshend/daltry project.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:35 pm

chris wrote:i don't know if sticking to what you know is really bad policy. if i were having a brain tumor removed, for instance...i think it would be a most enormous advantage to actually have a brain surgeon do the surgery, instead of maybe a lawn and garden guy do it. but thats just me.

and, while i love the who...i don't know if the remaining two guys, even if they are the two main remaining guys, qualify for calling themselves the who. but i'm really excited about the brand new townshend/daltry project.

trust me, they're the Who...

They gots a very very good bass player, drummer, and Remaining member and principle writer/composer, and principle Vocalist.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:32 pm

well, i'm going to disagree with you here, old buddy.

i don't think a project involving jagger and richards mean its the stones.

if paul and john would have reunited during the late 70's...it would have been incredible, breathtaking, and legendary...but it wouldn't have been the beatles.

if graham nash wrote a song with neil young...no way its touted as CSN & Y

i'm not saying i'm not looking forward to hearing what the new stuff sounds like. and i love zac as drummer (its still him, right?)

just label it something else.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists