Who will take over after the old bands??

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Who will take over after the old bands??

Postby EddieV » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:23 am

For me there are no bands to take over after the old bands.
Who is to take over after Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who etc. ??

I can´t see any
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:45 am

It's a little early to tell I think. It took U2 a while to get up there and have even Macca mention them in the same breath as the Beatles. Plus, most bands don't last 10 years anymore for this to happen.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:21 pm

Legends like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, etc. can´t never be "replaced" by any current rock band...we´re in another age where I think the music seems to be "disposable" BUT otherwise I also think what may the young generation think about these current bands??? They may consider´em as "legends" too, I don´t know...
Pearl Jam, the extincted Nirvana, Radiohead, Oasis(Beatle wannabe group), Green Day, contemporaries but not so "new"... Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Nine Inch Nails etc. the newest ones that are miscellany of styles IMO...are they "legends" to this generation?? Reformulating the question: WILL they be considered as POSSIBLE "legends" in the close future??
Last edited by dsnito on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:36 pm

You need to have a few "hits" and at least one "Classic" album, and still be releasing pretty good new music 10 years plus down the road...and most bands today haven't gotten there yet. Usually, there is some conflict in a band that makes the lead singer go solo, and then they usually disappear. You also have to have some main stream exposier...such as Stairway to Heaven......or Money etc etc. Radiohead hasn't had one of those break out hits yet. U2 has had 4 or 5 big hits, and 25 years later are still selling out stadiums.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby HeyJude » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:45 pm

I think Green Day is considered a classic band by many in our generation. Nirvana is definitely a classic already. Otherwise I don't think the times for such huge, legendary bands like the Who etc. will ever come back. I mean, you needed the 60s and 70s for that. Nirvana comes pretty close to all that, though, but in a totally different way.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:30 pm

2 of 3 wrote:You need to have a few "hits" and at least one "Classic" album, and still be releasing pretty good new music 10 years plus down the road...and most bands today haven't gotten there yet. Usually, there is some conflict in a band that makes the lead singer go solo, and then they usually disappear. You also have to have some main stream exposier...such as Stairway to Heaven......or Money etc etc. Radiohead hasn't had one of those break out hits yet. U2 has had 4 or 5 big hits, and 25 years later are still selling out stadiums.

Yeah right, I´ve forgot to mention U2, my fault, they´re really great, have charisma...maybe they could get close to be a legendary band though they´re in the showbiz scene for more than 20 years...almost...no, they ARE a senior band. I consider the bands from the mid 90´s as of the "new" generation bands.
Last edited by dsnito on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:44 pm

I think the key is, enjoy the old, and enjoy the new. There's so much great music from each generation. I'm digging the new Disturbed album.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Highamster » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:16 am

What do you mean by 'take over'?

The Rolling Stones, The Who & The Beatles are just the most famous from 60's pop/rock. Theirs good albums in most genre's and all decades/generation/whatevers, you've just got to look. Even rap has some good albums when you look away from this whole gangsta crap asociated with it by the media.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:46 am

it's amazing that Paul can still release good albums...
at least to me.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:53 am

True, it's really amazing Macca still releasing new works...
Well, The Beatles, The R.S. and all other legendary bands been made their mark in the rock history already... now only TIME will tell wich of the recent bands will do it...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists