Oasis

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby Bluebird » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:37 pm

jamie wrote:check out their new single 'the importance of being idle' :)
I checked it and it´s really great.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby maccastheman » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:43 pm

I am still digging this album - more so than You Could Have It So Much Better..., X&Y, Hot Fuss, and all of those other retro albums. I wonder why Oasis holds up better? Most retro bands kind of come and go. I guess when you're pulling from the best of the best, it's hard to go wrong... :wink:
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:31 pm

Oasis get worse and worse in my opinion. They slag off innovative and creative bands like Radiohead, and then just re-hash their old material. They just have become embarrassing. Noel has proved himself to be a one-shot songwriter.

They just rip off the Beatles/Stones/Who but in a really embarrassing way. It's sad really.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:36 pm

I didn't like their two or three previous albums, but for some reason I like this one a lot - we've already gone over who they are trying to rip off in each song on the new album in some other thread. I'll try to find it. For some reason I still like it. Hard to explain. I don't really hear any Radiohead rip-off on the new album.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:48 pm

james1985 wrote:

They just rip off the Beatles/Stones/Who but in a really embarrassing way. It's sad really.

That's exactly what a lot of people said about those very bands you are mentioning right now. (Except they were ripping off Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Muddy Waters, Motown, etc.)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Oasis two first albums are great, but after that they couldn´t keep up the high standard.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:20 am

maccastheman wrote:I didn't like their two or three previous albums, but for some reason I like this one a lot - we've already gone over who they are trying to rip off in each song on the new album in some other thread. I'll try to find it. For some reason I still like it. Hard to explain. I don't really hear any Radiohead rip-off on the new album.

I meant that Oasis rip off their old songs, never moving forward sonically, whereas their peers like radiohead and Blur have moved on from the sound they were making in 1995. Oasis are stuck in the Britpop days
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:39 am

EddieV wrote:Oasis two first albums are great, but after that they couldn´t keep up the high standard.

If you liked the first two albums, you should try out their latest. It's kind of a return to form IMHO.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mariopv74 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:30 pm

james1985 wrote:Oasis get worse and worse in my opinion. They slag off innovative and creative bands like Radiohead, and then just re-hash their old material. They just have become embarrassing. Noel has proved himself to be a one-shot songwriter.

***censored*** you man ... Oasis songs are better than macca songs
mariopv74

Postby james1985 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:20 pm

mariopv74 wrote:
james1985 wrote:Oasis get worse and worse in my opinion. They slag off innovative and creative bands like Radiohead, and then just re-hash their old material. They just have become embarrassing. Noel has proved himself to be a one-shot songwriter.

***censored*** you man ... Oasis songs are better than macca songs

okaaaaay.......I stand by what i said. Show me a decent song Noel G has written since 1995 and I'll buy you a house
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists