Coldplay, Radiohead, etc.

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:57 pm

james1985 wrote:
REM - new adventures in hi-fi is another one that's different but great.

It's actually my favorite record by R.E.M. Sometimes records come out at certain points in your life and they mean a lot to you because of what you are going through - that's one of them for me. Especially that song "Bittersweet Me." But I love everything on there - "E-Bow the Letter," "Electrolite," "Leave," "How the West Was Won," "The Wake-Up Bomb," - I could list every song on there. It just speaks volumes to me.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:40 pm

Kid A lost me for a bit as well - and it's still not one of my favourite albums. There are a few songs that kick butt though, like 'The National Anthem'.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby james1985 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:19 am

kylestyle wrote:Kid A lost me for a bit as well - and it's still not one of my favourite albums. There are a few songs that kick butt though, like 'The National Anthem'.

the live version of this song kicks even more butt
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:54 am

Yeah I've seen a live version of that on tv once... which reminds me.. one of the greatest rock performances I've ever seen on tv was on the Later..With Jools Holland show, and Radiohead were previewing their OK Computer album. They played Airbag, Paranoid Android and No Surprises - Jonny Greenwood was electrifyingly incredible to watch.. and then he switches to glockenspiel for No Surprises... cool stuff... a classic moment..
kylestyle

Postby james1985 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 am

they are amazing live. The fanbase is so protective of Radiohead and that makes their gigs quasi-religious experiences.

can't wait for new album this year. And will try and get tickets for intimate gigs that are rumoured to be going on in spring/summer.

great thing about Rafiohead live is the setlist is never the same two gigs in a row. At the gig i was at in 2003 the pulled out Creep halfway through and the place just erupted, went crazy. It;s not a lot of fans favourite song, but it's the fact that they never play it and was such a surprise. Amazing
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:46 am

I would also like to see them live next time they come around.

It´s one of those bands I really like to see live including Pearl Jam, Jethro Tull, Stones, Dylan, Chili Peppers and Macca.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:08 pm

james1985 wrote:At the gig i was at in 2003 the pulled out Creep halfway through and the place just erupted, went crazy. It;s not a lot of fans favourite song, but it's the fact that they never play it and was such a surprise. Amazing

I think a lot or R-head fans secretly adore Creep, though they don't like to publicly admit that. It's a bit like how everyone has a Creed song they secretly sing to in the shower. Yes, even Laz! :cheers
kylestyle

Postby ANGRY » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:30 am

interesting that note earlier, by James: play the album over and over...just like alot of have said in trying to convince a few about some of maccas albums...i quite like the latter Radiohead, but they remind of Floyd albums like Final Cut or Animals, where you have to sit and listen, sometimes over and over, to the whole thing, to get the concept. same with the direction REM has taken, i think the short form bores these guys to death, so you get an album of inter-related moods, thoughts, dreams, horrors...whatever.
having said that, i'll go on record as saying not only do i NOT think of Coldplay as Radiohead LITE...i think they're really not all that bad...i find most of the songs on the first two records to have their own evocative feel. first time i'd ever even payed any attention to their existance was on the Grammy show, a couple of years ago, and they did 'The Scientist" and i found the performance to be awesome ! went out the next day and bought 'a rush of blood...' and found it to be a very good album. bought 'parachutes' a week or two later, and enjoy them both immensely. hate to rock the boat, but they aren't all that bad...
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:55 pm

enjoy them both immensely. hate to rock the boat, but they aren't all that bad...

Finally! Angry, if it's possible, I may have to have your children. :? :P
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:03 am

really :shock: ? which one :? ?? Nigel...he's sort of a picky eater, nothing but caviar :( , but i'll let him go for about $1000...becky, she screams alot, haven't quite got that potty training thing down :oops: , i'm hoping high school will cure that, she's $7500.....and, then, there's little billy...well, the best said there is :twisted: we'll pay the freight if you just accept the package ! :wink:
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists