Non-Macca CD of the Moment

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:51 pm

Led Zeppelin III.
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:42 am

Crowded House - Recurring Dream
down in the jungle, living in a tent....
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:50 pm

461 Ocean Boulevard - Eric "Slowhand"Clapton. 8)
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:57 pm

dsnito wrote:461 Ocean Boulevard - Eric "Slowhand"Clapton. 8)
'nito, Steady Rollin' Man is one of my all-time faves from that one. It's got that searing Strat tone cranked up!

FRIENDS - Beach Boys ....on repeat!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:35 pm

theDingle wrote:
dsnito wrote:461 Ocean Boulevard - Eric "Slowhand"Clapton. 8)
'nito, Steady Rollin' Man is one of my all-time faves from that one. It's got that searing Strat tone cranked up!

FRIENDS - Beach Boys ....on repeat!
What a wonderful song...great beginning and great harmonies thorughout, especially those odd, but so right sounding ones....One of the first Brothers Records releases if memory serves me....
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:51 pm

Steve-o wrote:What a wonderful song...great beginning and great harmonies thorughout, especially those odd, but so right sounding ones....One of the first Brothers Records releases if memory serves me....
WAD. Believe it or not, it's still playing, and I am ruining it for all hearers by joining in with my best tone-deaf croak! (The Mrs. just told me to turn it off, the kids are trying to sleep!)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:41 am

Put the cans on and travel back, Dingle.....The only thing I hate about headphones is that one can be startled into a coronary, lol....but the sound....and that's a goodie to hear in that fashion. I have already pulled that one for the drive to work in the AM. Thanks for bringing it up.. :lol:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:47 am

I am having a serious jones for the Beach Boys since watching that ENDLESS HARMONY documentary last weekend. I was driving around town listening to FRIENDS this evening as well!

Took my son (almost 16-plays lead guitar) to practice with his developing rock band (call themselves "Behind The Bar") tonight. I picked up the lead singer/rhythm guitaist Mike on the way--(spoiled rich kid--can't say "Thank you for the ride!"--this will be addressed!)---so he's listening to FRIENDS too, like it or not. My sonnyjim is digging it a bit, and asking about it. He's way more accepting of good stuff, old or not, than most kids his age.

They've got their first gig this weekend--2 actually, both on Friday night. One is out at a rural community center where there are about 4 other new local bands playing, and then they will scoot over to our nearby middle school to play as well. I'll be videoing! They're coming along quite nicely--the one song they've turned me onto is:

96 Quite Bitter Beings - by some group called CKY. Not bad.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Steve-o » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:18 pm

Surf's Up-The Beach Boys
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:19 pm

Steve-o wrote:Surf's Up-The Beach Boys

SALTYWATERCHOKE! Me too! I was carting around the kids this afternoon with my Surf's Up cranking. I told sonnyjim #2, "Richly produced vocal music like this, which is so melodic, is clearly out-of-step with what's popular today---but it still delivers!"

There are a lot of clever ideas on this album: Take Good Care of Your Feet has plucking violins, nasal singing and all kinds of whatnot, Long Promised Road has awesome synth. Quite a variety of great keyboard sounds throughout.

Yeppers, this is the album that put me onto investigating the late '60s Beach Boy catalogue to find out what I'd missed!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists