Song Of The Moment: non-macca

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:28 pm

There's a difference between having "inaccurate information" and a different perception. I have a different perception, that's all.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:31 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
There's a difference between having "inaccurate information" and a different perception. I have a different perception, that's all.

Not really, man. I think you have the perception you do because you haven't read in depth about it like I have. I am just trying to help you understand their outlook because you have the perception about them that a lot of people do, who stopped listening to them 10 years ago. I have been a fan ever since the beginning, and I understand what they are trying to do. They come across the wrong way to a lot of people sure, but it's because you don't understand.
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:36 pm

First of all, I never listened to Pearl Jam to begin with. I don't care if Vedder had too many Twinkies as a child or whatever. It makes no difference to me. I don't like the guy, I don't like the band, I don't like the way they react to stress, I don't like their songs, I don't like their sound, I don't like hardly anything about them. I've read stories on them through the years. It's not like I'm coming up with this out of the blue. Different tastes man, different tastes.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:37 pm

Pearl Jam are as real as they get. They're probably one of the most real rock bands around really. If you don't follow them, then they're very easily misunderstood.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:44 pm

Maccastheman, you seem a little hippocritical to me actually. You talk about difference of opinions and perspectives, but I've noticed that whenever someone says something about the artists YOU like, like Bruce or the Clash or whomever, you get all upset.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:48 pm

quote:Originally posted by RedRoseSpeedway
Maccastheman, you seem a little hippocritical to me actually. You talk about difference of opinions and perspectives, but I've noticed that whenever someone says something about the artists YOU like, like Bruce or the Clash or whomever, you get all upset.

I've noticed that too, but I guess we all feel pretty passionate about our favorite artists. BUT, I am not upset with him because he doesn't like Pearl Jam. That would be silly. It just bothered me because I happen to know a lot about them, and I was just trying to clear up some very common misconceptions.
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:52 pm

Ram is so right. We are all pretty passionate about artists we like. I take a lot of heat for some of the artists that I like, but I rarely dish it out. Every now and then, I get the urge to do so. (Revenge?) I dont' think I'm being a hypocrite, I think I'm putting the shoe on the other foot. It's really out-of-character for me, however. OH well, it brings excitement to a boring day, LOL! [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:55 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
OH well, it brings excitement to a boring day, LOL! [;)]

WAD.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:56 pm

NMSOTM: A tie: Panama--Van Halen, and Substitute--The Who
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:58 pm

Everybody has different temperments. (Now the psyschological analysis) [;)] Whenever I get defensive, Steve tells me, "different tastes man, different tastes." I'm usually the type that doesn't attack other people's tastes. I was just doing a little role reversal. That's why it was easy for me to throw back the "different tastes man, different tastes" (And yes, I know Ram and Steve are not the same person, but I do think they have the same temperment)

It's just interesting to see how people respond to their own ways.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists