megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby paja » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:26 pm

[:D] Crystal Blue Persausion [:D]by Tommy James "It's a new vibration"
paja

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:15 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Yes, RAMSTER!! I had "Ten" in my car today. Hard to believe it's almost 12 years old. Holds up very well.

Eddie Vedder is such a fake. I can't stand his "I hate being a rock star" stance. Don't be a rock star then! It's so pathetic.

NPSOTM - Train in Vain - The Clash.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Yes, RAMSTER!! I had "Ten" in my car today. Hard to believe it's almost 12 years old. Holds up very well.

Eddie Vedder is such a fake. I can't stand his "I hate being a rock star" stance. Don't be a rock star then! It's so pathetic.

Man, I TOTALLY disagree. You obvsiously haven't been closely following them for a while. Vedder is about as REAL as they come. Besides the music itself, that's probably the main thing I love about Pearl Jam. No FAKE rock star posturing. All real. It's kinda ironic that you say that, but then list The Clash. The Clash were leaders of the movement that were "anti-rock star, anti-establishment."
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:02 pm

I just get so tired of Eddie Vedder whining about everything in life. I never really liked the Seattle scene. I just thought it was, well, fake.

I listed the Clash for a reason - no reunion tours to make a quick buck, etc. Vedder is a fake. That's one thing I agree with Oasis on. They nailed the Seattle scene on the head.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:07 pm

Also, the Clash were more anti-establishment than anti-rock stars. They just didn't give a crap. They never apologized for being rock stars. (Like Eddie Vedder has been known to do) They just did their own thing.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:15 pm

I just get so tired of Eddie Vedder whining about everything in life. I never really liked the Seattle scene. I just thought it was, well, fake.

I listed the Clash for a reason - no reunion tours to make a quick buck, etc. Vedder is a fake. That's one thing I agree with Oasis on. They nailed the Seattle scene on the head.

Again, you obviously haven't been following them in a long time. You keep talking about the "Seattle scene". Dude, that was over almost a decade ago. You're probably still hung up on Vedder interviews that you read back in 1994 or something. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. I got really turned off for a while there too. But then I read more and understood where they were coming from. Heck, Pearl Jam doesn't even do videos anymore because they don't want to be caught up in the FAKE MTV world. The main reason why you, (and a lot of other people), probably think Vedder is a fake and a whiner is because he got really freaked out when Pearl Jam got all this immediate attention. (People following him, hanging out in his bushes, etc.) That's why he withdrew so much from the public eye. Sure, it's easy to say "well just don't be a rock star." But they had no idea the impact it was gonna have on their lives. And you're not just going to stop making music which is your passion. Plus, Eddie Vedder wasn't just any rock star. He was pretty much looked up to like a god, and the "savior of his generation." That would freak ANYBODY out. It's not that Pearl Jam are anti-rock star....they are close friends with bands like The Who and The Stones, both of which they've played gigs with. And those two bands are DEFINITELY rock stars. You just have to understand where they're coming from. PJ works for their fans like they should. Why do you think they went to Congress and went through all that trouble to lower ticket prices with the whole Ticketmaster thing? It wasn't just for THEIR fans, it was for everybody. Believe me, man, I know what I'm talking about. I know about Pearl Jam, and the whole "Seattle scene" as you may call it, ALMOST as much as The Beatles. And I'm telling you, you've got it all wrong.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:18 pm

(Like Eddie Vedder has been known to do) They just did their own thing.

Again, you have misunderstood and not read into it. Vedder "apologized" as you call it, for being a rock star because he felt guilt. He's a sensitive human being. Same thing with Kurt Cobain. They were shy, quiet people who were thrust into stardom that they couldn't imagine, and it freaked them out. And another reason why Eddie had guilt over PJ's fame is because the media suddenly put Nirvana and PJ on top of the heap as the saviors of rock, when Pearl Jam had not even been together long at the time. They felt guilt because there were dozens of other bands in the Seattle scene, (many of whom were their friends), who had been struggling for years to get that kind of attention, and they never did. So he felt guilty. What's the big deal? Shows he's a human being and has feelings.
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:24 pm

Ram, I appreciate your passion for Pearl Jam. The bottom line is I don't like them. Nothing you say will make me like them. Vedder just rubs me the wrong way. I know the Seattle scene was years ago, but people's roots always stay with them. Not everybody can adjust to fame as brilliantly as our Macca, but I don't like the way Vedder handled it.

Hey, you and Steve have no problem attacking groups others of us like, so you shouldn't be so offended by us attacking groups you like.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:27 pm

Ram, I appreciate your passion for Pearl Jam. The bottom line is I don't like them. Nothing you say will make me like them. Vedder just rubs me the wrong way. I know the Seattle scene was years ago, but people's roots always stay with them. Not everybody can adjust to fame as brilliantly as our Macca, but I don't like the way Vedder handled it.

Hey, you and Steve have no problem attacking groups others of us like, so you shouldn't be so offended by us attacking groups you like.

Huh? Dude, I'm not TRYING to get you to like Pearl Jam. I could care less if you do. I'm just saying, I know A LOT about them. And if you have some information wrong, then I'm gonna tell you. And I wish you'd stop grouping me and Steve together like we're Siamese twins. I have my own mind and my own beliefs. Again, you don't like Vedder, I don't care. But if you are innacurate on information, then I am going to say something. You have your opinion, I have mine.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists