Great bands you will like to see live

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Re: Great bands you will like to see live

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

eggman i saw waters many times and he always blows my mind but the wall tour was maybe the best show of anybody i ever saw! anybody on here see it? ^:)^
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eggman1979 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:25 am

markfeber@yahoo.com wrote:eggman i saw waters many times and he always blows my mind but the wall tour was maybe the best show of anybody i ever saw! anybody on here see it? ^:)^

Actually, Roger Waters came to Mexico last December and I wasn't able to go but here's a video of one of his three concerts at the Palacio de los Deportes, the same place where I saw Paul in 2002. Hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWUhIDttC8
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eggman1979 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 am

bonovox66 wrote:
james1985 wrote:I would like to see:

White Stripes
Stones
Neil Young
Bruce Springsteen
and.....Ringo!

Wow! James, you are missing out on 2 of the greatest performers ever - Bruce & Ringo. Seriously, I put Ringo up there as one of the greatest showmen of all time, and there is just no touching Bruce.

Eggman - Have a good time at the U2 show, but I wish you could have seen them beefore the 360 tour. There was just something missing this time. Which pains me to say as they are my favorite live band.

Thanks for your comments. Sure I will enjoy the show. Actually, my plan is to attend the first concert on Wednesday May 11th, for which I have tickets, and buy tickets on the black market for one of the shows there will be on Saturday and Sunday. 360 Tour is just spectacular, at least, that´s what I´ve seen on youtube.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 am

Out of all of today's active bands that I've yet to see live, I'd have to say Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would be my first and foremost choice. U2 ofcoarse is on my list as well, and I may go see them this summer in Moncton.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:21 am

Would have loved to see White Stripes, but they don´t exists anymore :cry:
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:53 pm

EddieV wrote:Would have loved to see White Stripes, but they don´t exists anymore :cry:

:cry:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:59 pm

eggman1979 wrote:
bonovox66 wrote:
james1985 wrote:I would like to see:

White Stripes
Stones
Neil Young
Bruce Springsteen
and.....Ringo!

Wow! James, you are missing out on 2 of the greatest performers ever - Bruce & Ringo. Seriously, I put Ringo up there as one of the greatest showmen of all time, and there is just no touching Bruce.

Eggman - Have a good time at the U2 show, but I wish you could have seen them beefore the 360 tour. There was just something missing this time. Which pains me to say as they are my favorite live band.

Thanks for your comments. Sure I will enjoy the show. Actually, my plan is to attend the first concert on Wednesday May 11th, for which I have tickets, and buy tickets on the black market for one of the shows there will be on Saturday and Sunday. 360 Tour is just spectacular, at least, that´s what I´ve seen on youtube.

The 360 tour is quite a spectacle and a lot of fun. I'll give you some pointers. If you have GA (these are actually the best tickets) get there very early (6-8 am) and spend the day talking to other U2 fans. One of the best experiences of any U2 show is spending a day with other fans. Sadly, this tour I would have to say the all-day fanfest was the best part. Also, u2 is famous for meeting with their fans after the show, but I have not had any luck on the 360 tour in meeting them, and have not heard of anyone else having any luck. So, when the show is over go home and just soak it all in.

If you like big shows, well there is none bigger. but if you want intimacy with the audience that has been lacking on this tour. I have never seen U2 in a small venue but that has never stopped me from feeling a closeness with the band and the audience, except this time. This was the first time I ever saw U2 and did not leave feeling I had just experienced the greatest show of my life. And I always felt that way in the past.

With all that being said, there are quite a few delightful surprises on this tour that I hope you will enjoy.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:Out of all of today's active bands that I've yet to see live, I'd have to say Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would be my first and foremost choice. U2 ofcoarse is on my list as well, and I may go see them this summer in Moncton.

Tom Petty.. Thank you. That is the only person or band I can think of that I would love to see that I have not. Also wouldn't mind seeing Rush come to think of it.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:44 am

i'll second neil young, the cure and dave matthews & tim reynolds.

i'll add peter gabriel

a reformed pink floyd would be a dream

haven't seem bruce, r.e.m., u2 or pearl jam in years...might be worth one more look, after all these years.
but i'm not droolin' w/anticipation

i could get all maudlin and say creedence, nirvana, the who WITH both moon AND entwistle..john lennon...george harrison...but then i'd have to include the beatles, circa '68-70 (not that i saw them when they did tour)
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists