Any of you caught the new Bruce tour?

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Any of you caught the new Bruce tour?

Postby james1985 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm seeing him in Hyde Park, London, in a couple of weeks. (Paul Simon the next day – it's gonna be a good weekend).

Is he in good voice, band tight?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Any of you caught the new Bruce tour?

Postby chris » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 pm

i am not...however i have been in bruce rediscovery mode of late and i have to admit, i envy you. and rhymin' simon the very next day? two legends in a weekend? would it be too much to ask for a report...of both? i, coincidentally, have been in a bit of paul simon rediscovery as well. i'd love to hear what you think...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby blmeanie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 am

my boss saw him a few weeks ago in Italy, she was vacationing there with her family. She had seen him previously and said it was incredible. Evidently it poured, really hard, most of the show and it didn't stop or slow him down for over 3 hours. Typical Bruce show from the sounds of it.
blmeanie

Postby james1985 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:06 pm

48 hours....
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 am

i read the news today. could my eyes be failing me? is this some practical joke? did i read mccartney came on stage (at about the 3 1/2 hour mark) and play i saw her standing there and (gulp) twist and shout? before having the power shut off for playing too long?

james...this is the very same james that witnessed the concert for george live as it happened, right?

i am truly and unashamedly envious

you have some pretty remarkable concert notches on your belt, sir.

oh boy.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Chris,

Saw the video. Good stuff.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 am

Yeah, it was fantastic! I'll write some more tonight when I've got a bit of time
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 pm

james1985 wrote:I'm seeing him in Hyde Park, London, in a couple of weeks. (Paul Simon the next day – it's gonna be a good weekend).

Is he in good voice, band tight?

Paul Simon and his band are awesome. He turned 70 late last year but his voice is still in fine form. And his band is amazing.
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 pm

fantastic ?!?!! he sees bruce AND paul...and all he says is...fantastic !!?!!

:? ...so....how drunk were you ? :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby james1985 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

So Bruce played a great set, started out with Thunder Road backed by just piano, plenty of good stuff in a really long set. The band never went off for the encore, so after Born To Run, he said something about bringing someone on and this 70 year old bounded on. (His hair's got really long). So he 'one, two, three faw-ed!' and they ripped through Saw Her Standing, the crowd was going nuts.And then it was twist and shout, which he's been playing all tour, and it was a fun shambles, kept going and going. And Bruce took macca down the gangway and they shared a mic out front, and then the sound just faded down – I'm sure you've all seen the press about the curfew and sound cut. They had no idea and you could her the drums crashing and it was just a lot of confusion. But what a thrill to have macca come out like this. I think I may've made a wings sign in my excitement :-D

But the following night was possibly even better. The weather was great and I managed to get really close. I was just blown away by Paul Simon. He did a fist set of solo hits (10-12 songs) from Mother and Child to Dazzling Blue, then brought out Ladysmith Black Mambazo and the original Graceland band and played the whole album, not in order. Ended with Graceland followed by Call Me Al and the crowd was so into it. He comes out for the encore and does Sound of Silence on his own, the whole field was singing really softly. I always love a gigs when you go from huge noise to one person accompnying themselves. It was really special.

Not a bad weekend.

james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists