BUCK ROGERS DVD BOX SET!!!

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

BUCK ROGERS DVD BOX SET!!!

Postby dpantz » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:54 pm

Finally...I got my 5 DVD set of the Buck Rogers TV Show from Amazon.com and I got if for almost $15 less than regular price and it was brand new in the shrink wrap still. I had a flashback from childhood...

Anyone remember Buck Rogers? Maybe I am too old, but I loved that show when I was kid. It ran for like two or three years. I was hooked.

Buck was supercool...like the Harrison Ford of the 25th Century. Throw in a little tin robot sidekick that went "BEEEDDY BEEDY BEEDY", a dude that looked like a Hawk, and some really hot futuristic babes and high action and you got the appetite of a five year old. I was so hooked I even had my little metal Buck Rogers lunchbox and thermos, with all the characters on it! Gee that thing must cost a million bucks on e-bay today. The last time I saw a metal lunch box I was clocked in the head with a BeeGees one on my school bus in 3rd grade, by accident. I haven't been the same since and I still hate the BeeGees!

I remember going to the Philadelphia Auto Show in the early 1980's (gee I was like 5 years old!!! Naieve too.) and meeting Gil (Buck) Gerard. I was star struck...I kept calling him "Buck"-- he laughed the whole time, so did my cousins and brothers.

I asked him if he really "froze" in space, like at the beginning credits of the show. He looked at me like I was nuts. And told me "it was only on TV". I wonder if Gil Gerard remembers a stupid question like that from a 5 year old Dale Pantalione.

I also met the Incredible Hulk/ Lou Ferigno that same day...my other hero at the time...in full green make-up...only problem was when he sweat the paint came off.

What a disappointing day that was...Gil Gerard didn't freeze in space and Lou Ferigno wasn't really green!!!

I am blissfully going to watch my Buck Rogers shows this week.

http://liquid-eclipse.com/
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Re: BUCK ROGERS DVD BOX SET!!!

Postby giovagb07 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 pm

I hardly remember Duck Dodgers!!
Come on check my machine
giovagb07

Return to Movies & TV