And Now a Word From Our Sponsor

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

And Now a Word From Our Sponsor

Postby ddr » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:23 am

With regard to T.V. commercials:

1. Does it bother anyone else that some of the best music ever made is being discovered for the first time by many young people on commercials?
My children associate Aerosmith with a car and The Four Tops with macaroni and cheese! Do you feel that the use of these songs is successful in selling products and what demographic is it reaching? Many of the tunes being used today are songs I grew up with and frankly it is a turn off to me and doesn't make me want to run out and buy that product.

2. What is wrong with Burger King? Are they trying to traumatize an entire generation with that freaky "King"? He is so scary!!!!!!!!!!! I vote him scariest incarnation ever to appear on a commercial. A close second being those Quiznos creatures that were on a while back, but they are gone now, thank goodness. What the heck were they anyway? I never ate there for fear one might be in my sandwich! :D

ddr
ddr

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:49 am

first off! The Burger King Dude freaks me the hell out too!
thats some weird crap...secondly our beloved music in commercials is terrible and its been going on a long time now.....its to the point where the icons who created our beloved music are useing the commercial to boost record sales of new albums that they may not have been doing so well... example:Sting "Desert Rose" a great song that just so happened to flop.....along with the album it came from "Brand New Day" until words from our sponsor Jaguar came into the picture.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Highamster » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:04 pm

OI!! Do not diss the SpongMonkeys! They where made by Joel and Alex Veitch from RatherGood. They where originally in their animation We Like The Moon before Quiznos aproached them. They've made several adverts for us in the UK aswell. (Anyone remember the Crusha or Meastro Penguins?). They're also in possibly the greatest Ska band, 7 Seconds Of Love.

I gots a fealing you guys will appreciate this clip the most aswell of that site. ;)
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:41 pm

I must say that Volkswagen using Nick Drake's Pink Moon was just great. :)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:06 pm

2 of 3 wrote:I must say that Volkswagen using Nick Drake's Pink Moon was just great. :)

it's much better without the car! :D
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:04 pm

Highamster wrote:OI!! Do not diss the SpongMonkeys! ;)

Sorry! I didn't know. I will be more respectful in the future. :wink:

Very funny clip!

ddr
ddr

Postby ANGRY » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:10 am

i LOVED the spongmonkeys..in fact...i have purposely NOT gone back to quiznos since thay dropped the little critters ! i protest with my $$, thank you.
they were quirky and original ( despite being imported) for american tv

i, too, think that The King is kinda creepy...but, i love him, nonetheless ! it is so cool that they would try something that far out...he is awesome !
i kinda like their new ones, too, with the daddy whopper yellin at the kid whopper..."what are ya gonna do...spank my buns ?!' hilarious !
now, if only they can get their quality of food up, i might go back more often to my alltime favorite hamburger joint.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:35 am

I haven't seen the new commercials but they sound funny and not so creepy! I did see the one with the dancers that are dressed like burger parts and they make a burger at the end, that was kinda cool.

I still think you can't beat a Whopper! Yum, Yum

ddr
ddr

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:01 am

...oh, if only i had a franchisee who would do right by the whopper..my alltime favorite as well,. but, our local group has virtually kiiled the brand in this area.

speaking of the King...has anyone seen the newest...? about the chicken sandwich, with the cowboys and the...ahem...big bucking chicken ? i about fell outta my seat...big bucking chicken..!!

holy carp !!!!!!!

this is some twisted and demented stuff !!!!!
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:21 am

Big Bucking Chicken is funny to me an adult but if I were a little kid I would be freakin' out! Who comes up with these things?

ddr
ddr

Next

Return to Movies & TV