2006 Oscar Report

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:08 am

It was very, very boring up until Reese won her Oscar. :)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:09 am

Reese and Phoenix were fantastic in that movie! And Reese is super-cute!! ;-)
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:28 am

RickStark79 wrote:Reese and Phoenix were fantastic in that movie! And Reese is super-cute!! ;-)

Had it not been for Jamie Foxx winning last year for Ray, I think Phoenix would have won this year. Great performance.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:54 am

Anyone know what seemed to be wrong with Lauren Bacall? She introduced the tribute to the film noir genre and seemed to have trouble walking out to the podium and trouble reading her lines. Has she been ill? Too bad, she was/is a beautiful example of a strong, sexy and intelligent woman. One of the true greats!

ddr
ddr

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:30 am

Very boring Academy Awards Show...Didn't care much for Stewart..The Tom Hanks bit stands out to me as being the funniest bit of the night...but all in all..very boring...Glad Crash won best film!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:38 am

ddr wrote:Anyone know what seemed to be wrong with Lauren Bacall? She introduced the tribute to the film noir genre and seemed to have trouble walking out to the podium and trouble reading her lines. Has she been ill? Too bad, she was/is a beautiful example of a strong, sexy and intelligent woman. One of the true greats!

ddr
I chalk it up to her getting lost with the damn teleprompter. Or maybe she was tipsy (j/K). Once she recorvered, she was fine.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:18 pm

During the "one's we've lost" segment, did they happen to acknowledge James "Scotty" Doohan? I'm not asking for myself, but I'm sure James would like to know. :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:30 am

2 of 3 wrote:During the "one's we've lost" segment, did they happen to acknowledge James "Scotty" Doohan? I'm not asking for myself, but I'm sure James would like to know. :wink:
I thought that was just before LAST years telecast? Can't remember for sure...sorry.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Movies & TV