Movie of the Moment

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movie of the Moment

Postby chris » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm

i had a chance to see ted recently. it was crude. and occasionally obsene. and more than a handful of times in poor taste. but it made me laugh out loud...often. and most movies don't make me do that much any more.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:46 am

I finally got around to seeing The Hobbit...I liked it quite a bit; just like an old comfortable shirt really. I love the world Peter Jackson has created (I know, Tolkien really created it, but I never imagined those books as well as the movies have portrayed them). I saw the 3D version, which was alright (not my choice, not a big 3D fan) but the previews were very cool in 3D I must admit, especially the new Oz movie- the 3D really popped on that.
Last edited by efghijiloveyou on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Django Unchained was fantastic – only criticism is that it was a little close to Inglourious Bastards in plotting and style. Christoph Waltz has such good timing - I could happily watch him in every movie.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm

i'll agree about it being close in form to bastereds inglorious. but this guy makes the movies that are most fun to watch for me. so violent...but so funny. the ku lux scene is the most i've laughed in a theater in 20 years. he's great at making you laugh during scenes you should be cringing at.

and i'll agree about waltz. he is fantastic. in fact, now a bonafide star. i thought dicaprio was amazing too.

now you can go get the marshal...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:19 am

:shock: STAR WARS MOVIE TRAILER ?!?!??

:cheers ^:)^ ...DEC 2015 !!???!! ~X(
...just another higher reachin' hillman !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Star Wars looks great, at least what little the trailer shows. Too bad we have to wait a whole year!
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Wonder if we'll get another Archive Collection release before the Star Wars movie comes out....
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:50 am

thanks to netflix, i've been enlightend by the following documentaries...

'austin to boston' about an across half the u.s. mini tour by four young artists/groups...ben howard, the staves, bears den and ben rateliff...i'd never heard of any of them but it turned out to be n=a nice musical journey. i wish it'd focused a slight bit more on some performances, as, in the short bits shown, all seemed highly intriguing...

'supermensch: the legend of shep gordon' if the doc is to be believed, this guy has singlehandedly changed he way the manager/client relationship exists...either way, it was one cool story and one crazy cat

'who the f@!k is arthur fogel'...like it or leave it, this doc makes it kinda clear that this guy is as responsible as anyone out there for the huge mega sows that todays concerts have become. sure, others tried it...even paul, but this guy made it succeed financially...lots of inside the business side of the music industry stuff

'the other one...the long, strange trip of bob weir'...title says it all

'the last waltz'...came away really liking the band, but not so much robbie..but i did like

'ain't in it for my health' about levon helm...what a seemingly genuine character

'under the electric sky edc 2013' a look at 'the electric daisy carnival'...a bit of a look at the type of music similar to what paulie was doing with the fireman stuff..weird,
wild, funtastic

'spark - a burning man story' i'd read about this 'concert/event'...but i wasn't prepared for how, much like the previous doc 'under the electric sky', seriously all involved take 'the lifestyle' of it all...these two docs were very enthralling and enlightening

'jimi hendrix: hear my train a comin' ' ...came away with a better understanding of jimi and his music

'20 feet from stardom'...and 'muscle shoals'...both shed light on side men & back up singers...you always know they're there...but you kind take 'em for granted...never really understood how influential they can be
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 am

Get on the internet and give a listen to the Staves. I like them. The missus got tired of listening to them every time we went somewhere.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:57 pm

oh, i did...and the others...just as, each time any of our fine friends have mentioned artists i'd never heard of, i tend to youtube 'em

i've yet to be dissappointed...

makes you realize music itself...and many of the artists...are not in trouble or as good as they ever where...

but, clearly, the music business, as a method of getting out the word, is either at a crossroads...or on the edge of failure
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV