Movie of the Moment

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Movie of the Moment

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:51 am

mr h atom wrote:oh yeah...movie of the moment ( NOT )

watchmen........ :?

shoulda been called...don'twatchmen...

Ain't that the truth.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bonovox66 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:07 pm

OK I know this is a chick-flick, but last night I watched Ghost for the first time since it was in theaters and absolutely loved it. I never realized how well made this movie was (story/plot wise).
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:36 pm

yeah i liked ghost too. only movie with swayze i can handle. and i just saw ben button. i liked it.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bonovox66 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Yeah I liked Benjamin Button too. Thought it was oddly creepy though.
bonovox66
Supporter
Supporter

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:31 pm

i know exactly what you mean by creepy. i was expecting it to be like gump but it really wasnt.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 pm

inglourious basterds...

i realize that tarantino is not a flavor everyone enjoys. i think he has a polarizing effect on people. either you love him or hate him. time to fess up here...i definately have a man crush going for QT.

this movie has everything you look for in a tarantino movie. chapters...a mexican standoff...and flashbacks. it opens with a scene that will go down as one of the years best. in nazi occupied france, a nazi questions a french dairy farmer as to whether he and his family is hiding a jewish family (they are). the questions are softly spoken...and politely asked. the soldier even drinks a glass of the farmer's milk calmly and with a friendly smile as a feeling washes over you that something will not be going right much longer. christoph waltz steals every scene he is in during this movie. and i would be stunned if he weren't nominated for an oscar.

only one escapes. the beautiful shoshana. she grows up to own a french cinema. it is here that revenge will be served.

meanwhile, texan aldo the apache (brad pitt...in one of HIS best roles) assembles a rogue band of jewish soldiers out to scalp as many german soldiers as possible. his group is part dirty dozen, and part western. and they deliver. one of the standouts is hugo steigletz, a nazi soldier who, ironically enough, hates nazi officers.

the english have a plan of their own as well. keep an eye out for mike myers. this is a far cry from austin powers.

this movie could offend some, as QT does rewrite history. but it is a movie done with humor, shock and amazingly brilliant dialogue. this is the most fun i've had watching a movie in years. i mean, come on...a nazi revenge movie? what can be more fun than that?

i don't usually reward movies on a four star system. so, as it happens...i have stars aplenty built up over the years. so...due to my overabundance of stars lying around...just sitting there doing nothing...i am going to give this movie 25 stars. yep...i've done it. and it feels good having been done.

go see this movie.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:59 am

It's A Wonderful Life

Can we please clone Jimmy Stewart? :santa
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm

My son rented the new Star Trek on BluRay, and forgot how good this was when we saw it at the theater last year. Can't wait for the next one with this new, yet old cast of characters.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby amsterdam » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:42 pm

2 of 3 wrote:It's A Wonderful Life

Can we please clone Jimmy Stewart? :santa

I agree, great movie for the end of the year, and Jimmy is my man!

Currently shown movie: I would say "Das weiße Band" from Haneke. Brilliant.
amsterdam

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 pm

i just saw avatar and i gotta say there were moments where my eyes LITERALLY bugged right outa my head!! sure its obvious cameron is a liberal but wow what a flick. :-BD
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV