Any Doctor Who fans out there?

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Any Doctor Who fans out there?

Postby mr h atom » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 am

agreed...though, i do think tom got 'reeled in' a bit for his last season: it was markedly better than what had been occuring..(but, that could've been the new producer, too)

for the longest time, i actually prefered davison; and still have a soft spot for that one...

but tennant...?

:salute

he'll be extremely hard to top
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby I am the Paulrus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:36 pm

The Dalek of the deep: Doctor Who's nemesis is found in pond

By Daily Mail Reporter

04th March 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1159149/The-Dalek-deep-Doctor-Whos-nemesis-pond.html

Excavate! Excavate! Volunteer Mark Oakland with the Dalek's head he dredged up.

Who's this? Mr Oakland made the discovery at the pond in Beaulieu, Hampshire.

Enemy: Daleks, like above, were taken to the area for filming during the 1980s.

Volunteer Marc Oakland was stunned when he pulled the head of a Dalek from the murky depths of a pond he was helping to clean.
The 42-year-old sales executive found part of Doctor Who’s arch nemesis as he pushed a rake along the surface while wading waist-high in water.
He said: ‘I’d just shifted a tree branch with my foot when I noticed something dark and round slowly coming up to the surface.

‘I got the shock of my life when a dalek head bobbed up right in front of me.’
His group, who were clearing rubbish near Beaulieu, Hampshire, had already fished out an old table football game, dozens of lager cans and even a muddy skateboard.
But the last thing they were expecting to find was a full size head from one of the Time Lord’s most feared adversaries complete with its distinctive eye stalk.
‘It must have been down there for some time because it was covered in mould and water weed, and had quite a bit of damage,’ said Mr Oakland.
‘One of the dome lights was smashed, but the eye stalk was intact and the head and neck stayed in one piece as I carefully lifted it out.’

The pitiless Daleks, famed for killing their enemy with a death ray after screeching ‘exterminate’, were taken to the area to film episodes in the 1980s.
Pond warden Tony Brown, 70, who led the volunteers, said: ‘We made a very thorough search of the rest of the bottom of the pond and there were definitely no alien remnants lurking.
‘We”ve all agreed it best to keep the pond’s exact location under wraps.
‘The last thing we want are sci-fi fans descending on the pond frantically seraching for other dalek parts.’
Mr Brown, who has been helping clear out the area for the past eight years, said: ‘We”ve dredged up everything from shopping trolleys, toys, and bicycles.
‘But this is the first time a dalek’s appeared. We have no idea how it ended up in there, or how long ago.

‘The local council collected the rest of the junk we pulled out, but we”ve kept the dalek head and are getting a dalek expert to have a look at it.
‘After doing some research, we discovered the BBC often took the daleks out on location for filming, and they travelled to Hampshire on at least one occasion in the 1980s, when Colin Baker played the Time Lord.
‘Jon Pertwee also made a few Doctor Who episodes in the county during the 1970s.
‘Who knows, this might be the remains of one of the originals from the old TV series. I’m told they they were built to last.’
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:14 am

:-BD
mr h atom

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Never heard of this sorry :-h
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:33 pm

for the record...i quite like the capaldi pick...
mr h atom

Postby Jeremy K2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 am

...and now here comes Doctor number 12!
He's older but has a cool retro look about him - and that's just the actor! Peter Capaldi

I hope Steven Moffatt can control his tendency to overcomplicated scripts with complex overarchs.

Clara is an awesome companion. Will miss Matt Smith though. He was like a delightful intelligent child
whom had lived hundreds of years - contradictary statement true but neverthless accurate!

They have now had three excellent Doctors in a row. Will the fourth of the new series be the success
of number four in the classic era? Only time(lords) will tell.
Cheerio
JK :-h
Jeremy K2

Postby mr h atom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 pm

so...JK2...what's thee think of the 'missing' DR...the esteemed mr. hurt ??

i hear he's back in either the 50th Anni...or the christmas special...or both...and if he is the actual next betwix mcgann and eccleston...does that make capaldi 13..??

1)hartnell - 2)troughton - 3)pertwee - 4)(t)baker - 5)davison - 6)(c)baker(c) - 7)mccoy - 8) mcgann* - 9) eccleston - 10) tennant - 11) smith 12) capaldi

..and hasn't the beeb, and the producers, been back and forth on mcganns legitimacy ??

gotta admit...i'm outta the loop these days on all this folderal...
mr h atom

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 am

so.....now we (probably) know...it's #8) McGann...#9) Hurt*...#10) Eccleston...#11) Tennant #12) Smith and

#13) Capaldi...who, technically...from what we have been previously told is canon...the last Doctor..

* The War Doctor, eh.... =P~

verdict #1...'the night of the doctor' ??? ...one of the best danged things i've seen forever !!

6-ish minutes of bliss :X
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 am

I LOVE Dr. Who. I've seen episodes with the first three doctors and out of them, I like Pertwee. He was the guy with the snazzy car and dressed rather Carnaby St. ish? Tom Baker was my favorite. Why? Can't say. Davison was good but Colin Baker? I did not like him at all!! I really feel in love with Sylvester McCoy. He and Ace were aces in my book. But I fell out of watching basically because it was coming on around midnight and I can't stay awake that long. Then I started watching again with Eccleston and I found him too violent for the "Doctor". David Tennant is excellent. Tom Baker will always hold a place in my heart as the Doctor though.

Pledged a small fortune on PBS in Maryland once and got a book on Doctor Who with all sort of goodies in it.

I also like Red Dwarf. Strange program. I LOVE BRITISH SITCOMS. Tennessee doesn't seem to like British sitcoms as there are many programs on here. I MISS MARYLAND PUBLIC TELEVISION.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am

Sorry! There are NOT/NOT many British programs on Nashville Public Television. I usually proof read before submitting but didn't this time. Hope all will read between the lines.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV