how much from the Olympics are you going to watch?

What's your favourite team, player, passtime.

Moderator: Mike

Re: how much from the Olympics are you going to watch?

Postby Harrythebannister » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:44 pm

I'll be watching especially if I get a bout of insomnia.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:27 pm

None the summer games suck !!!
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Mike wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:I won't watch much. Boxing is my sport, and Canada is only sending one boxer! A one man boxing team! How insane is that! :shock:

We had a carpenter in the house doing some work and his assistant is a boxer going to China. He said the Canadian system is crap and a big joke so he trained and is going representing his home country of Brunei. His name is Rolande Moses, nice guy.

Oh that's kinda cool. It's unfortunate, but he's right, our system has declined so much in the past 10-15 years. It's especially disturbing for me to watch, because it's not the same system in which I spent six years. Very sad indeed.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:22 pm

When I heard that the lone representative from Brunea did not register in time, the total countries attending went down to 204. I then checked the olympic website and looked up Rolande Moses. He is representing Grenada not Brunea.

here is his bio from the Olympic site:
http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/B ... 1495.shtml

Saw the bike race and was amazed on how much they rely on team mates and the crew. It's like a bloody NASCAR race. What happened to one individual's athletic ability. Opps my walkie talkie isn't working, I need to go to my teams car and hang on for a kilometer or two.

I would have been more impressed with a race from start to end, one against one, no chase cars with spare wheels, brakes whatever. They have years to prepare and once the race is on, it's on, no outside assistance, except for nourishment. If you don't get a drink then dehydrate yourself, your out. If your bike isn't working, you can't finish the race, your out. No freakin pit stops on the go. That lost me.

Guess I'm more for the traditional events. Heard Michael Phelps will get 1 million dollars from Speedo if he gets 7 gold medals. Speedo makes this real high tech swim suit. Former mult-gold medal winner Mark Spitz said that there is only like 10 people in the world that can swim at the speed to take any advantage of a suit like that, and that it's big marketing hype to get the average joe to go out and by high tech gear. Well, really when you think about it, why do average joe's go out and buy expensive guitar and other gear. Just because you have the gear, doesn't mean you have the talent. So if Speedo wants to pay Phelps a million dollars, all the power to him man, and all the power to Speedo, it's called free enterprise. If people want to spend their hard earned money on guitar gear or swim gear, and we are stupid enough to believe that we can dream, I guess it means years from now, someone will be buying stuff pretty cheap a garage sales :)
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Rolande and our lone Canadian fighter is in the same division and he is ranked better than Rolande also.

I hope they fight and our Canadian boy rips him up. Even though Rolande is right in his statements about our Canadian Program, talking smack is talking smack. I really do hope they meet.

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/B ... 4593.shtml

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... n%26sa%3DN
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:17 pm

I'll be watching Plymouth local boy Tom Daley in the diving and he's only 14 too! :salute
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:54 pm

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/ ... 9927f38651

Oh well...so much for Adam Trupish and his quest for a medal.
Our Canadian boxing program really needs a complete overhaul. :oops: :cry:
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Looks like Mark Spitz was wrong. So far every gold medal (swimming) has been won with people in the new Speedo suit, look at all world records being broken.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Mike wrote:Looks like Mark Spitz was wrong. So far every gold medal has been won with people in the new Speedo suit, look at all world records being broken.

Yes I've noticed that. I personally don't like the fact that people are getting their records broken by people in those suits. It's just not fair in my opinion.
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm

i don't know about those suits. supposed to be seamless...make you go faster. but what can be more seamless than skin?

side note...saudi arabia does not allow women to appear in the olympics for the saudi national team.. latest update: saudi arabia medal count...Gold:0, silver:0, bronze:0. way to go...your plan for world domination appears to be working :wink: :roll: :?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Sports & Recreation