What sports do you do?

What's your favourite team, player, passtime.

Moderator: Mike

What sports do you do?

Postby EddieV » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:52 am

I do some running (not enough) and I am starting to do some S
spinning in the gym.

How about you?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: What sports do you do?

Postby chris » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:33 am

i have taken up jogging this summer...have to get the old juices flowing. but i probably should do more of it. i love golf...although i seem to be getting a little worse every year (good thing they sell beer on a golf course)

when my kids are interested...i love playing baseball, or basketball with them. i used to be active in many sports...and in my heart, i believe i can do all of the things i used to do. but a couple of pulled hamstrings later, i've come to the sad realization that...i'm in perfect shape...for chess :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bobrocks » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:56 pm

I used to play tennis a lot. Now I rarely play. I used to play golf a lot. Lately I don't play as much.

Thanks for reminding me of how lazy I'm getting in my old age. :oops:
bobrocks

Postby mi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:15 am

Oh boy, delicate subject...I used to go to the gym twice a week - I just knew I paid for six months in advance and if I don't go the money is wasted, that was the only way to force myself to do that. Then I got pregnant and during the first three months I just felt so bad I didn't go anywhere - hardly went to work at all (and only then I began to lose weight like I always wanted)... ever since then I just keep putting it off to next week... The doctor keeps telling me how improtant it is to walk - might make the birth easier, but both my husband and I keep saying, you know - "Tommorow/next week/next year we'll go for sure, tonight I'm just too tired/it's too hot outside/have to get up early tommorow...", you name it...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mervap » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:28 am

I get most of my exercise running off at the mouth, flying off the handle and jumping to conclusions....I do play some golf and have been told that I have a bowler's physique.....is that an insult? Hmmmmm. :oops:
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:14 am

wow, mervap...running, flying...and jumping...you are active :D
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mommasturn » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:45 pm

Well, being a very busy mom, it is hard to plan a routine to exercise. I try to walk the dog a few times a week and do a morning program 2-3 times a week on the health channel. But as far as personally participating in sports, not me. Unless going bowling with my kids a few times a year counts. If the weather is right, a bike ride is nice, but so few days are 78 degrees and sunny, but not too bright, and not too windy, you know.

But my fingers sure get a workout when I visit this site.
mommasturn

Postby james1985 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:00 am

play rugby (although think this will prob be my last year as it hurts too much now), play left back in football (soccer) and cricket in the summer. Try and get to the gym when im not feeling lazy as well. Playing team sports with your mates is the best thing ever.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:41 am

james1985 wrote:play rugby (although think this will prob be my last year as it hurts too much now), play left back in football (soccer) and cricket in the summer. Try and get to the gym when im not feeling lazy as well. Playing team sports with your mates is the best thing ever.

Typical Brittish sports. I love cricket!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:14 pm

My fave sport is soccer. Both to watch and play. Tennis, cycling, handball and badminton are others that i like.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to Sports & Recreation