2010 NBA free agency

What's your favourite team, player, passtime.

Moderator: Mike

2010 NBA free agency

Postby chris » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:46 pm

any nba-ers out there? this has been touted as the best free agency class the nba (national basketball association) has ever seen. with lebron james (arguably the best player on the planet right now), chris bosh, dwayne wade, carlos boozer, lee, stoudamire, and the like all waiting for a payday that will mold the future of the nba for years to come.

being biased, i think the chicago bulls have a lot to offer. with a talented young core in (allstar) derek rose, joakim noah and luol deng to build around. plenty of cash available under the salary cap.

but there are the miami heat...who, if they resign dwayne wade, can be attractive too (south beach? are you kidding me). the cleveland cavaliers are hoping to resign lebron, but the fact that he is waithing till after his basketball camp in akron, oh, makes me believe he is leaving. the new jersey nets have a future in a couple of budding young stars, tons of money under the cap, and a future move to brooklyn in a couple of years. the new york knicks? sigh. i don't know...i can't even watch espn anymore talk about it because everything said and done at that network is so easst coast biased that it makes me ill.

any thoughts? where are the stars going to end up?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2010 NBA free agency

Postby Mark Rink » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 pm

:pukel could care less
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:44 pm

gotta agree with mark rink, i like the nba but these salaries have gotten ridiculous! i still watch though. long time celtics fan.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bravefan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm a sports fan but to be honest with you the NBA ranks about last on my list. I'd love an audience with David Stern so he can tell me why all these superstars are allowed and extra step or 2, are never called for fouls, and are just generally given preferential treatement.
As far as free agency, they're all going to get their millions anyway.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:34 pm

LaBron and his baby powder is starting to look like the WWE :pukel do the right thing King stay in Cleveland
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Jeff in Ohio » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Chris, I'll join your thread. Being from Ohio, I'm certainly following the Lebron James circus. Personally I think it's been way too overdone, and he's dramatizing and milking things too much. Just make a decision already. The circus and drama that have gone on for over a month are ridiculous. He's put himself in an almost no-win situation if he stays in Cleveland and does NOT win a championship. Fans will say he was all about Lebron, and he milked the Cavs for all he could, and still didn't deliver a championship.

To answer your question, I think he will end up with Chicago. Just a hunch. I think if he were staying in Cleveland, it would already have been announced. And I think Coach Izzo turned down the Cav's job because he got inside info that Lebron was likely not staying.
I'm painting a room in a colorful way, and when my mind is wandering, there I will go.
Jeff in Ohio

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm

chris wrote:any nba-ers out there? this has been touted as the best free agency class the nba (national basketball association) has ever seen. with lebron james (arguably the best player on the planet right now), chris bosh, dwayne wade, carlos boozer, lee, stoudamire, and the like all waiting for a payday that will mold the future of the nba for years to come.

being biased, i think the chicago bulls have a lot to offer. with a talented young core in (allstar) derek rose, joakim noah and luol deng to build around. plenty of cash available under the salary cap.

but there are the miami heat...who, if they resign dwayne wade, can be attractive too (south beach? are you kidding me). the cleveland cavaliers are hoping to resign lebron, but the fact that he is waithing till after his basketball camp in akron, oh, makes me believe he is leaving. the new jersey nets have a future in a couple of budding young stars, tons of money under the cap, and a future move to brooklyn in a couple of years. the new york knicks? sigh. i don't know...i can't even watch espn anymore talk about it because everything said and done at that network is so easst coast biased that it makes me ill.

I'll have to STOP you Chris only two sentance's in and you made a blunder.The best player in the WORLD? Are you talking about Kobe? What had LEBRON done only won 120 games in 2 years but no championship the best player in the WORLD come on brother get a grip :lol:
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 pm

Mark Rink wrote:
chris wrote:any nba-ers out there? this has been touted as the best free agency class the nba (national basketball association) has ever seen. with lebron james (arguably the best player on the planet right now), chris bosh, dwayne wade, carlos boozer, lee, stoudamire, and the like all waiting for a payday that will mold the future of the nba for years to come.

I'll have to STOP you Chris only two sentance's in and you made a blunder.The best player in the WORLD? Are you talking about Kobe? What had LEBRON done only won 120 games in 2 years but no championship the best player in the WORLD come on brother get a grip :lol:

mark. you silly person, you. what i said was...and you can look, since you took the liberty of quoting me...was lebron was arguably the best player. does that mean i think he is the best? it could mean that, couldn't it? i actually think kobe has the edge for now. but it means lebron would at least be in the conversation. no? you don't think so? if you really don't think someone, anyone could make a convincing argument that lebron just might be the best player...you should watch the nba more. it's fantastic :shock:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Jeff in Ohio wrote:Chris, I'll join your thread. Being from Ohio, I'm certainly following the Lebron James circus. Personally I think it's been way too overdone, and he's dramatizing and milking things too much. Just make a decision already. The circus and drama that have gone on for over a month are ridiculous. He's put himself in an almost no-win situation if he stays in Cleveland and does NOT win a championship. Fans will say he was all about Lebron, and he milked the Cavs for all he could, and still didn't deliver a championship.

well jeff...it looks like he is making his decision on thursday night. i would ordinarily be excited about that. but the manner in which he is making his announcement sort of makes me throw up in my mouth a little. a one hour ESPN special. what a diva. what a media whore. know what? i hope he chooses cleveland. i don't think he cares about his teams. he may not even care about winning. but he does care about money...and attention.

he might be one of the most talented ballers out there. but if he never wins a championship...he will never be considered one of the best. too bad that doesn't seem to be a priority. good luck. i really do hope you guys get him.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeff in Ohio » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:14 am

well jeff...it looks like he is making his decision on thursday night. i would ordinarily be excited about that. but the manner in which he is making his announcement sort of makes me throw up in my mouth a little. a one hour ESPN special. what a diva. what a media whore. know what? i hope he chooses cleveland. i don't think he cares about his teams. he may not even care about winning. but he does care about money...and attention.

he might be one of the most talented ballers out there. but if he never wins a championship...he will never be considered one of the best. too bad that doesn't seem to be a priority. good luck. i really do hope you guys get him.

**********************************************************************************

Chris - good points and I agree. The pathetic part is, Cleveland sports are so awful right now (Browns, Indians in the tank; and even the Cav's can't advance very far in the playoffs). It's like the entire city of Cleveland's reputation is tied to this thing. If Lebron leaves, Cleveland is confirmed even more as a loser city. If Lebron stays, Cleveland is somehow a validated city. At least they have the rock-n-roll hall of fame, which for people on this website is probably more notable than whether Lebron is a Cavalier or a Bull.

He will be a Bull, along with Bosh. And with the people already on the Bulls roster, get ready for a title soon.
I'm painting a room in a colorful way, and when my mind is wandering, there I will go.
Jeff in Ohio

Next

Return to Sports & Recreation