Book of the Moment

Paperback Writer

Moderator: Mike

Re: Book of the Moment

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi All,

Sam Cooke's Summertime does it for me but then I like almost anything by Sam Cooke.

Books. I am a simple kind of reader. I like Hercule Piorot, Miss Marple, Midnight Louie, Mrs. Murphy Mysteries, Sherlock Holmes (which isn't so simple) and Mrs. Jefferies Mysteries. Let's face it, I like mysteries. Although I have a slew of books about The Beatles and about Paul McCartney.

I have all the Lovejoy mysteries, all the Cat Who . . mysteries, all the Brother Cadfael mysteries. I have all the re issued Hard cover Hardy Boys mysteries, which I never read as a teen as I was into Native American torture techiques and into Greek and Roman mythology.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Girl4Beats wrote: ...I was into Native American torture techiques...

hmmm. going to be honest, i was going to ask if you wanted to step out for a cup of coffee, but i'm not so sure now.

sincerely,

tonto
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Oh Chris,

I'm not into that anymore. I've grown up a bit. Although the torture techniques employed by the Spanish Inquisition seems a bit interesting too. Just joking.
I am totally into my mysteries now with books on/about Paul McCartney thrown in for good measure.

I also like books on interior design although some of them seem to be a little out of my price range and I don't like others but I still enjoy reading them.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 am

"never read as a teen as i was into native american torture techniques..." :shock:

i date a girl like that when i was a teen...she said my indian name was 'little little man'..now that was torture

gotta say, while i understand chris' reticence (he should, of course, not be so squemish...torture is a daily way of life for cubs fans, right ?)...i must admit a bit of long distance intrigue...

i always thought my moms baked tomato surprise was as about as much torture as i could handle, so who am i to guffaw :wink:

it's a mystery to me...so we have that in common, g4

my favorite indian torture technique is extra curry...but, somehow, i don't think that's quite what g4 meant

i'm going back to my corner now, where the walls are my best friends, and there's lots of pretty crayons, before i p.o. PW again
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Mr. H. Atom,

Thanks. I needed a good laugh on this wet and dreary day in Laurel, MD. No I didn't mean curry either. Like, white hot tomahawks placed on a ring around the victim's neck with the tomahawks dangling from a rawhide string. The ring is placed just so that no matter how you move, the white hot tomahawks either burns your front or your back. There is no way of getting around it. I don't remember all of them but some are very nasty, indeed.

The interior design books are more civil although some of the prices are downright murderous.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 am

white hot tomahawks, eh... :?

i think i woulda just said: "the plans for the fort...?! oh, those secret plans for the forts weaknesses..? they're right here...why didn'tya say so, silly me !'

hey, i saw 'j-men forever'...i know how this torture stuff works, i gave up that torture thing for lent...35 years ago...never looked back !

just finished the king tome: once more, a mighty fine piece of work by mr king, i must say...reminded me, in style and approach more like 'the dead zone'

B.T.W.: both the beatles and our esteemed macca makes a (sort of) very, very brief appearance toward the end of the book...a short, but eventful, name check only...but there specifically for an interesting effect to the story line

now i'll be all sort of forlorn until the next DARK TOWER book in april... \:d/

next up: i finally start 'paul is undead'
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Mr. H Atom,

Then there is the eating of the still beating heart by some brave native after the guy died. Of course, your heart was only eaten if you died gloriously under torture. I don't read those books anymore. I am more into the mysteries now.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:58 am

" i don't read those books anynore."

i see......i understand.............still...it seems they left quite an impression, yes...so, if we ever meet in person, i know i will never argue with you......just in case

after all, i try to do everything gloriously :lol: :shock:
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 am

H. Atom,

I will just bore you to tears with my vast knowledge of Paul McCartney and the Beatles. Remember, VAST KNOWLEDGE.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:30 pm

what a crazy coincidence...i was in a band in high school called VAST KNOWLEDGE. it was a death metal/string quartet/dueling banjo type of thingie. we finished 4th in the school talent show. right behind an acapella band referred to as the Brave Natives, of all things. i played a mean triangle. also dabbled in the cowbell. it turned out i was a huge influence on ray cooper.

happy thanksgiving everybody. enjoy your family today...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Books, magazines, etc.