Intros and song endings

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Intros and song endings

Postby mclarke825 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:29 pm

I love MaccaRadio! It plays the greatest music on the net!

I do have two small issues that are a bit annoying though. One is the tendency to play the spoken introductions to songs (from live shows) and then not play the songs. What's up with that? Gets me all ready to hear a song and then.... psych! (Similarly I have on occasion heard the first part of a medley without the second, such as "Venus and Mars" without "Rock Show" or "Sgt. Pepper" without "A Little Help From My Friends".)

The second thing is the tendency to cut off the ends of songs. I can understand fading a little early if the song fades anyway, but quite frequently I'll hear a song that has a great ending, only to have the ending cut off. I think Beatles (and Macca) music deserves a little more respect, don't you?

Other than that I have no complaints. I couldn't believe it when I discovered a site dedicated to my favorite music! FAB!
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Re: Intros and song endings

Postby jgkojak » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:02 pm

One is the tendency to play the spoken introductions to songs (from live shows) and then not play the songs

This is how the tracks are laid out on the live albums... the songs all start from the beginning of the music, so in the track previous, at the end, there will be cheering and then "and now we'd like to do something from the new LP..." If you have the time to, you know, go and digitally edit 75+ macca songs be our guest, I'm sure Mike would appreciate it.

The second thing is the tendency to cut off the ends of songs. I can understand fading a little early if the song fades anyway, but quite frequently I'll hear a song that has a great ending, only to have the ending cut off. I think Beatles (and Macca) music deserves a little more respect, don't you?

This is the software... unless you want long silent pauses (a no-no in radio) you err on the side of continuous play-- as tracks are varied as to what is at the end and how much wiggle room... again, feel free to edit the 800+ tracks on here to make them flow nicely.

Other than that I have no complaints.

Then please make a $$$ contribution.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:31 am

I totally missed this post, thanks jgkojak for replying for me. You are absolutely correct on every point. The live songs nothing can be done with re-editing all the live tracks. It can be done, I've done it but it is time consuming and I'm not willing to do that yet.

Fading in and out between songs is called crossfading and I have complete control over that. It's a general setting and is good usually with songs of one genre. Problem is with Beatles, Solo and Friends is the cross fading setting for one song will not fit with the next simply because of the vast variety of music.

I have tried to fine tune the setting as for a while there it got out of control. Ideally a song should fade the last 2 seconds while blending in to another song. This blend should be about 0.5 seconds but good old Paul and his variety of intros mess that formula up. I hear what your saying, and I agree, I'm working on it.

Sorry for the delay to respond.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Mark Rink » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:38 am

Mike you just keep doing what you do it's GREAT bud !!!
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Return to Site News, Announcements