MACCAradio to reduce service - lack of financial support

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: MACCAradio to reduce service - lack of financial support

Postby CUGrad02 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:31 pm

I always used the excuse that we couldn't afford to contribute since my family is already on a tight budget. But, then I was convicted one day that the money that is shelled out by Mike is because of my listening and surfing. So, I automatically have that $5 a month taken out each month with PayPal. I know it's not much and I wish I could do more b/c this is such a cool community to be a part of and I would hate for it to go away or reduce the service.

What is $5 bucks a month anyway...a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I think we can all afford that.
CUGrad02
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:39 pm

CUGrad, kudos for your support for Mike's site and for your post. You're right---if a lot of people would donate just a little, MaccaCentral's future would be rock solid.

Sigh.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:37 am

I put in my $15 today!
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:33 am

jgkojak wrote:I put in my $15 today!

Yes and thank you. With yours and sarapty's $100 donation today brings August total to $260 !

This is incredible, the closest we've gotten in a very long time to achieve the monthly $600 goal.

I am reworking some code I put together that will list out the latest donors, amounts, goal and grand totals. If all works out I'm going to try to make it a graphical representation perhaps like a thermometer. Such as this:

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby jgkojak » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:23 pm

I like it- call it the Maccameter!

$0 could be labeled "Frozen Jap" and the goal amount could be labeled "Hot As Sun"
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mervap » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Good Idea....let's keep it up!
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:12 am

jgkojak wrote:I like it- call it the Maccameter!

$0 could be labeled "Frozen Jap" and the goal amount could be labeled "Hot As Sun"

Too Funny! :lol:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dkersch » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:03 am

Mike,

I am sorry I have not donated in awhile.. My family and I are on a real tight budget too. I have donated $20.00 this month.. I will try to contribute more in the future.

I ask all MACCARadio listeners to donate what they can. Mike has a great service and programing. Thank you Mike for all your hard work!!!

dkersch
dkersch
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mervap » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Hey, Mr. Mike, did we get anywhere close to the goal?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Hey Mike!

Too sad to hear that we could lose maccaradio. Many times you just don´t stop and think about the people who brings you the things you like the most. I can understand your situation, I´m sure you have your own life, work to do, family to stay with, just like everyone of us I figure you need to hang out some time, there are many things to do in life...though the Beatles´ world is so vast at the same time is not all in the world.

I´ve been hearing macca radio for some years and I just can say that I love it. It is almost perfect, and that´s just because there are some albums that are not programmed in the schedule like Lennon anthology or Macca´s classical albums. And what about macca- central? I´m always informed about what´s happening on the Beatles´ world thanks to it. If you let me say it, I think you are doing something similar to what our idols did (and do), you bring us joy, magical moments through your site. I even think macca-central is way much better than the official site.

Thank you Mike for doing this, I´m sure you do it because is somethnig you love but sadly money issue is important. If I was a wealthy person be sure I would donnate at least a million dollars!!!! But, as you, I have family and many things to do, and my finnancial situation doesn´t allow me to spend money on every thing I like, you know, my family has to eat (and so do I).

Come on fans! We all love this site, this music, I know you could say that there are more important things to spend money in and you will be right (poor countries, hunger, diseases...etc) but as one fan said, Jenny Wren I think, if we all donnate at least a dollar don´t you think we could do it? It would be our way to say " Thank you Mike for spend many of your time and even money just to share with the world your love for the best music ever!"

I hope macca radio will continue just like this and I also hope I could get things better on my own life so I can help just a little bit.

And once again: THANKS MIKE!!!!!
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Site News, Announcements