Political hatred again has it's consequences

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:48 pm

The whole trip was really rushed, drove straight through Canada so we'd miss the Montreal mess during the day to New Brunswick, then upto Dartmouth, Nova Scotia for a family reunion, found out my wife's family was one of the first settlers in New York state but had to leave as they were loyalists (which means they didn't want independence and sided with the Brits) so the moved to New Brunswick. We were then off to PEI overnight, then back to NB and stayed at a relative's place on a river the leads to reversing falls in New Brunswick. A newphew of my sister in-laws had an accident, well a moose fell on top of the car and crushed his neck broke his back. I didn't realize how many deaths there are out there caused by moose, 1100 pounds does a lot of damage. An RCMP officer was killed when his vehicle hit a moose. We tried not to travel too much a night there. Then back down to Hartland, and visiting family in the area, then we came back through the States had some great clam chowder in Maine, a great place called Maine Diner off the Wells exit.

Really would have like to have gotten together but I couldn't even fit my guitar in the car, it was jam packed.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:59 pm

Mike wrote:The whole trip was really rushed, drove straight through Canada so we'd miss the Montreal mess during the day to New Brunswick, then upto Dartmouth, Nova Scotia for a family reunion, found out my wife's family was one of the first settlers in New York state but had to leave as they were loyalists (which means they didn't want independence and sided with the Brits) so the moved to New Brunswick. We were then off to PEI overnight, then back to NB and stayed at a relative's place on a river the leads to reversing falls in New Brunswick. A newphew of my sister in-laws had an accident, well a moose fell on top of the car and crushed his neck broke his back. I didn't realize how many deaths there are out there caused by moose, 1100 pounds does a lot of damage. An RCMP officer was killed when his vehicle hit a moose. We tried not to travel too much a night there. Then back down to Hartland, and visiting family in the area, then we came back through the States had some great clam chowder in Maine, a great place called Maine Diner off the Wells exit.

Really would have like to have gotten together but I couldn't even fit my guitar in the car, it was jam packed.

I just hope that all in all...the vacation was a good one.
I used to live in Dartmouth. I lived in the Halifax/Dartmouth area for about 4 years. It's too bad that you did not make Cape Breton Island. The landsape is much more beautiful than that of the Mainland. Its very much like Scotland.

http://www.northeasthighlands.com/

Paul and Linda loved sailing the Bras D'Or Lakes

http://www.ramsays-online.com/treadonli ... kenzie.jpg

So your wife is from Hartland?

You must have crossed the bridge?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Never let those to the left or to the right of you tell you that the ground you're on is the middle. Rise above it!

Left, right?
Flap, flap
Wings.
Free as a bird.

Genuine Indian, Guru, I'm really digging the pix on that weblink you posted just then and yeah does look a lot like Scotland

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
Mike wrote:I really should be more clear, sorry. I'm referring to the one's defending NAMBLA and terrorists rights not all liberals as I am one myself with a few very strong conservative beliefs. I guess then I'm in the middle ?

Red Tory
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Mikey, your site, you're the boss. I've learned over time to behave, shame Brucie didn't.

Never liked him, tho. Wasn't he the one who hated Ram? :wink:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm

michaelk wrote:Genuine Indian, Guru, I'm really digging the pix on that weblink you posted just then and yeah does look a lot like Scotland

Glad you like, that is where I call home. :D
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:01 pm

james1985 wrote:Mikey, your site, you're the boss. I've learned over time to behave, shame Brucie didn't.

Never liked him, tho. Wasn't he the one who hated Ram? :wink:

Yeah, he never liked Ram, I never understood that! But along with me, he was the biggest fan of Tug Of War on here! He came off a little too cranky sometimes, but he was here before me, and I always hate to see the veterans of this site leave! :(
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Rick!

I hope the wedding was a beautiful one! :D
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:02 pm

That is a nice place to call home!

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
michaelk wrote:Genuine Indian, Guru, I'm really digging the pix on that weblink you posted just then and yeah does look a lot like Scotland

Glad you like, that is where I call home. :D
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to Site News, Announcements