Site traffic due to MAF?

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Site traffic due to MAF?

Postby jgkojak » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:25 pm

I'm curious...

how has the site traffic looked due to MAF?
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:51 pm

lots and lots of traffic, lots of extra bandwidth charges too which is why I've eliminated signatures on the forums.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby CUGrad02 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Mike--not being nosey...well maybe I am. How much does it cost to run your site each month? I know I listen a lot but have not had extra money to contribute.
CUGrad02
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:05 pm

I'm not going to reveal that kind of information, but it is very safe to say it is much more than I can afford and much more than what I get in donations.
Mike

Postby CUGrad02 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:24 pm

Mike--didn't mean to pry, but i thought that it might help if people knew about how much it cost to run your site. Those that don't know much about web design and hosting may think it cost little to run a site. Just the time and effort that you put in to it would cost dearly if a web designer maintained it. Again, I apologize for prying.
CUGrad02
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Your thoughts are appreciated. There has been a few brief discussions here and one good idea was to try to raise money like a political campaign. I frankly and literally have no extra time to head this. If someone wants to step up to the plate and take the lead on this I'm all ears and willing to brainstorm privately about this.
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements