Great with the newcomers on the site!!

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Postby michaelk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:19 pm

In the hope that somebody is listening here's something I just posted on pm.com's forums:

"I think that it will become increasingly clear that some of the external boards such as Macca-Central should be included in the links and the general plan of PM.com. With the death of record companies, the user-generated content around the web will become the sales-force and should be treated and subsidised as such. I know that Mike Kovich of Macca Central is having a tough time keeping the books balanced on what is essentially an expensive hobby for him but which is in actuality a very valuable service to Starbucks/MPL and which, in the new model of sales and marketing should properly become something which can be subsidised. What is saved from no longer paying record executives and sales forces in salaries can be reinvested in supporting the initiatives of committed wizards around the web."
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby JennyWren » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:01 pm

A well-reasoned comment. Glad you posted it. Perhaps sending a note to MPL is appropriate, as well? Don't know if it wll have an effect....would the Macca powers-that-be provide sponsorship of a site they don't control? Don't know.

So, it's a good time to recognze that the numbers here have been growing and to encourage the new members (and the veterans, as well) to pony up a bit to help finance Mike's site. No doubt you see how entertaining and valuable it is, as wll as being just a fun place to hang out. Think about making a donation, if you can.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Michaelk, thank you for that. My name is Mike Kovacich, actually Michael :)
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:02 pm

michaelk wrote:In the hope that somebody is listening here's something I just posted on pm.com's forums:

"I think that it will become increasingly clear that some of the external boards such as Macca-Central should be included in the links and the general plan of PM.com. With the death of record companies, the user-generated content around the web will become the sales-force and should be treated and subsidised as such. I know that Mike Kovich of Macca Central is having a tough time keeping the books balanced on what is essentially an expensive hobby for him but which is in actuality a very valuable service to Starbucks/MPL and which, in the new model of sales and marketing should properly become something which can be subsidised. What is saved from no longer paying record executives and sales forces in salaries can be reinvested in supporting the initiatives of committed wizards around the web."

Except for getting Mike's name wrong :wink: , I think this is a very intelligent and to-the-point comment and I'm glad you posted this at pm.com and this issue is eventually receiving some attention.

It can't be right that lots and lots of Macca fans (apart from the more or less regular members, I understand there's also quite a few guests paying a visit every now and then) enjoy this site, and lots of them enjoy it more than pm.com for various reasons known to us all, which means that Mike is doing excellent promo, and he doesn't receive a cent for his endeavours. Come on, MPL/Starbucks, you can't be serious. Perhaps we could convert michaelk's post into a petition and after signing it all of us send it to MPL/Starbucks??
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Site News, Announcements