Great with the newcomers on the site!!

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Great with the newcomers on the site!!

Postby EddieV » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:21 am

Just want to say this!! It is great a lot of new people have joined Macca-central.

I hope you stick around for a long time and don´t dissapear because now new records are on the way!

Off course I miss the old members like Kylestyle, Maccatheman, Berkeleyan but I think it is great some new folks are joining!!!

Welcome to all of you!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:34 am

My bandwidth demand is through the roof again and my credit card balance is at it's limit again.

Donations folks please. What I've been getting doesn't cover the credit card interest let alone the costs. Sorry for the plea for money but, I have to !
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby michaelk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:40 am

Hey Mike, all GRATITUDE to you, man..
I'd visited in passing previously but never really got WITH IT on this site.
But this is where the vibe has a home, b-b-baby!
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:53 am

I don't mean to get personal Mike but that Vh-1 Advert must have helped the site along...financially speaking.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:21 am

I was just wondering whether MPL/Apple/EMI wouldn't give a bit of subsidy. Ever asked 'em? I mean it wouldn't actually COST 'em as it would be, like, a business expense and that. Go on! Give it a shot!
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:26 pm

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:I don't mean to get personal Mike but that Vh-1 Advert must have helped the site along...financially speaking.

I got about $26 last I checked. It helps a bit and it's better than nothing.
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:29 pm

michaelk wrote:I was just wondering whether MPL/Apple/EMI wouldn't give a bit of subsidy. Ever asked 'em? I mean it wouldn't actually COST 'em as it would be, like, a business expense and that. Go on! Give it a shot!

EMI clearly stated they have no budget for fan website. Guess it's that attitude that made McCartney look elsewhere for this album.
Mike

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:01 pm

Mike wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:I don't mean to get personal Mike but that Vh-1 Advert must have helped the site along...financially speaking.

I got about $26 last I checked. It helps a bit and it's better than nothing.

Wow, with the new record release by Paul, I imagine this site is just buzzing with people. The folks at VH-1 should consider themselves very lucky to be getting that exposer for so cheap.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:32 pm

tell me about it. why do you think I've avoided banners for the ten years I've been doing this. They approached me, so I put them up hoping to get a few hundred in revenue to help with the costs. oh, well.

I feel like that guy in that commercial, riding on the lawn mower, "I"m up to my eyeballs . . . somebody help me." :lol:
Mike

Bank Account Almost Full

Postby jgkojak » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:01 pm

With all the attention Memory is bringing...

My experience with political blogs is that when a candidate/cause/site is raising money they state a challenge/goal and then update regularly either through a graphic gimmick or a post.

i.e.

One political site, MyDD.com, wanted to raise money to conduct some independent polling of the 2006 elections. They said "A poll will cost us $11,000. We need it by x date for it to be in the field and working".

They raised more than they needed.

Wonder if you could do a "Maccathon" and actually let us know the monthly operating expenses and the amount of debt you have for site expenses... (we all trust you!)... and see if we can at least get you even debtwise on operation for the site by a certain date.

Keep up the good work! When the next paycheck comes in on the 15th I'll send something.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements