New Feature: Add comments to MACCA News

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

New Feature: Add comments to MACCA News

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:30 pm

I just completed a new feature that will let visitors comment on each article in the Latest News. For convenience, here is a link to an article:
http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.php?id=2433

You will see the article with an updated format and now a comment section. It's pretty self-explanitory.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:40 pm

already used it brother, thanks
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Thank you very much Chris for replying. I know everyone must be so busy, but I am in need of feedback in areas of the website I've updated and plan to update. When I get ZILCH feedback it doesn't help me to see what website members or guests think or how the new features are looking on their browser.

For example the scrolling news now up top on these oBLOGdi-oBLOGda forums, it works great for me and since I haven't got one single response to the news flash method, I have to guess that it's working for most. It not proper for me to assume anything, hence the reason for feedback.

I know there a more areas of this website that I will be updating to enhance format and accessibility but without feedback I find it a waste of my time to spend so much effort with no response as to feedback if it ok, nice, try this and so on. Just a little feedback people, that's all I'm asking :)
Mike

Postby chris » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:25 pm

actually, i appreciate all of the little upgrades here and there. if you haven't recieved proper feedback i have to be partially resposible. truth is, i'm fairly easy to please when it comes to this place. don't think that we just take your effort for granted. you are appreciated.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:55 pm

The recent changes have all been great, thanks Mikey
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:27 pm

I appreciate both - the instant access to the news items and the possibility to comment right on the spot; I've also used these features already. Excellent job! The comment thing is especially convincing since on one hand it allows us to make rather "spontaneous", emotional comments without having to start a thread on the subject and on the other, it also admits guests' comments.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:10 pm

Cologne girl wrote: it also admits guests' comments.

cg is right. i like that. i'm not sure why i like it. but the more opinions you have, the better it is. schwinggg
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Thank you, your comments are helpful. Please let me know if you come across anything that is broken or needs fixing. I'd like to get a list of things so when I have time I can prioritize and the update.
Mike

Re: New Feature: Add comments to MACCA News

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:26 am

I have fixed the problem with adding and reading comments in the MACCA News. Please continue to use this feature.

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news.php
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements