New MACCA Radio show - Beatles/Solo Karaoke Hour

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

New MACCA Radio show - Beatles/Solo Karaoke Hour

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:00 pm

I have decided to try a new program called Beatle/Solo Karaoke Hour. The name really tells what the show is but to explain, it will be one hour of karaoke songs from The Beatles and some from the solo years of John, Paul, George and Ringo. The purpose is for you, the listeners to sing along to. Lyrics will eventually be provided on the Lyrics link in the Now Playing section of MACCA Radio. STAY TUNED to MACCA Radio's Weekly Schedule and updates here for days and times.

Let me know what you think of the new program.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Nice idea Mike. How about you take recorded contributions from us singing along, and playing them on MaccaRadio? MaccaIdol ! :)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Laura » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Do you need any Karaoke cds that are Beatles and solo?
I get my sisters karaoke cds from http://www.acekaraoke.com
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:53 pm

2 of 3 wrote:Nice idea Mike. How about you take recorded contributions from us singing along, and playing them on MaccaRadio? MaccaIdol ! :)

That would be nice to do but it would have to be worthwhile my investment of time to put it all together. If each contestant would kindly make a minimum donation and call it say the entrance fee, I would seriously consider doing it. MACCA IDOL is a decent name, nice going 2 of 3 !
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:14 pm

I've scheduled some times for Karaoke Hour starting tomorrow night.

Wednedays - 9pm - Beatles & Solo Karaoke Hour

Fridays - 9pm - Beatles & Solo Karaoke Hour

Saturdays - 9pm - Paul Karaoke Hour

The Weekly Schedule is being modified as well, going to mix things up a bit again.
Mike

I would go for that

Postby jgkojak » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:53 pm

How about you take recorded contributions from us singing along, and playing them on MaccaRadio? MaccaIdol !

I would go for that one--

MaccaIdol!

In fact, Mike, I think you should change the name of Karoake Hour TO Macca Idol and incorporate both contributions (after an entry fee) from us and the karoake opportunities! That way, if you have 1 or 2 submissions you could play 'em up front then get to the Karoake!

If anyone does anything exemplary you could put it on the request board permanently under the "Macca Idol" moniker.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Well, had this past Wed and Fri for the hour show, any comments. I know there were listeners but the question does this make good radio ?
Mike

Postby Laura » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:48 pm

I had fun singing the songs without the
lyrics .Well its different better than the news :lol:
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:21 pm

I agree that it was good fun. It was more difficult than I had thought though (it was my first time doing karaoke :oops: ) - with or without lyrics. If you could hit the "lyrics" button on time, it was OK. Perhaps it would be possible to insert a list of songs to come so that we could look up the lyrics? (I suppose if they don't come on the MaccaCentral page, most of us have them somewhere or can google them) What I liked was that sometimes you were given a "second chance".

There were certain songs that were quite well suited for "bloody beginners" like me, such as "Ob-La-Di...", "Eleanor Rigby" and "Listen to What the Man Said" (i.e. well-known ones and having a "straightforward" melody and pattern), others seemed to be "advanced level" such as "Rocky Raccoon" and "Uncle Albert". Maybe you could ask for people's suggestions as to songs they would like to do or think are particularly well-suited?? For example, I could think of

- Hey Jude (not necessarily my favourite, but I think we all have some practice singing along to it :lol: )
- Let It Be
- The Long and Winding Road (which you did, thank you :) )
- She's Leaving Home
- Yesterday (we wouldn't even have to look up the lyrics, I suppose :lol: )
- Mull of Kintyre (I know some don't like it, but it seems a good choice for karaoke)
- Let 'Em In
- Letting Go
- Let Me Roll It (which you did as well - my second try was quite alright :lol: )

If John songs are also eligible (which for me personally would be great, among others, because of the keys - I wouldn't have to jump "up and down" an octave so many times; I can sing along to most of them without straining my voice or "jumping"):
- Ticket to Ride (one of my favourites)
- Across the Universe (with lyrics "advance warning" :lol: )
- The Ballad of John and Yoko
- Imagine (an obvious choice, I know)
- Jealous Guy
- Woman...

I don't know if this would be possible at all, if there are karaoke files for these, etc., just asking :)

Anyhow, it's a great idea, Mike, and I can't express how much I appreciate it.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Laura » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Theres In My Life which my sister always wants me to sing
when I visit her.Its my sisters favorite song .
I also sing when I am there With A Little Help From My Friends.
I also sing Imagine
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements