Mills books on Macca-central

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Mills books on Macca-central

Postby Paulo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:38 am

I don´t know if everybody else is with me on this one, and please, Mike, just take this as a simple suggestion, but wouldn´t it be better to get rid of the ex books on our favourite Macca website? Does it make any sense to have them in the book section?
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Mills books on Macca-central

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:55 am

Paulo wrote:I don´t know if everybody else is with me on this one, and please, Mike, just take this as a simple suggestion, but wouldn´t it be better to get rid of the ex books on our favourite Macca website? Does it make any sense to have them in the book section?

I know a lot of fans are upset at Heather and I guess if you believe everything you read on other websites then that is understandable. Very early on Paul asked us fans to leave them be so they can get through this and don't believe everything you read. Quite frankly if links to Heather Mills McCartney websites and causes are still on Paul McCartney's own official site, then they stay here. She is still being treated with civility by Paul and I see no reason for me to do the same. Their personal goings on are really none of our business and my attention span, loyalty whatever is not altered because of bottom of the barrel reporting full of twisted half truths. I'm not going to react to information that is faltered to say the least. Of course when all is done and Paul officially makes a statement I may re-assess links & associations here but for now I think we need to be reminded they have a daughter to raise and over the years in doing that, there must be a sense of respect given. The landmine cause was a good cause when they were together and just because they are getting a divorce doesn't change the fact that it is still a good cause. See where I'm going here.

Many fans will disagree with my stance but that's ok, I can handle it. As I said I understand your request but I'm not at this time going to jump on the hate Heather bandwagon. I'm going to let that wagon pass by and give them the respect they asked for.
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Mills books on Macca-central

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:55 am

Mike wrote:
Paulo wrote:I don´t know if everybody else is with me on this one, and please, Mike, just take this as a simple suggestion, but wouldn´t it be better to get rid of the ex books on our favourite Macca website? Does it make any sense to have them in the book section?

I know a lot of fans are upset at Heather and I guess if you believe everything you read on other websites then that is understandable. Very early on Paul asked us fans to leave them be so they can get through this and don't believe everything you read. Quite frankly if links to Heather Mills McCartney websites and causes are still on Paul McCartney's own official site, then they stay here. She is still being treated with civility by Paul and I see no reason for me to do the same. Their personal goings on are really none of our business and my attention span, loyalty whatever is not altered because of bottom of the barrel reporting full of twisted half truths. I'm not going to react to information that is faltered to say the least. Of course when all is done and Paul officially makes a statement I may re-assess links & associations here but for now I think we need to be reminded they have a daughter to raise and over the years in doing that, there must be a sense of respect given. The landmine cause was a good cause when they were together and just because they are getting a divorce doesn't change the fact that it is still a good cause. See where I'm going here.

Many fans will disagree with my stance but that's ok, I can handle it. As I said I understand your request but I'm not at this time going to jump on the hate Heather bandwagon. I'm going to let that wagon pass by and give them the respect they asked for.

That to me, sounds like the right way to approach the situation.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

I'm with Mike

Postby jgkojak » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:18 am

I vote for the info being available-- we're all adults and can sort through the BS- we don't need or want an editor screening the info we receive.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paulo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:04 am

Ok, Mike, I can understand your position on this, being the web master.
And,as jgkojak wisely stated, we're all adults and able to tell the difference between the Facts and the Mills. It was just a suggestion and nothing more.

Peace in the neighbourhood!
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:06 am

Wrong, you are not all adults. You wrongly assume just because it's on the internet, only adults and people can tell the difference and judge for themselves. Not every person who comes to this site comes daily or is such a big fan they already know many facts about Paul & Heather. They don't have the knowledge to judge what is truth, half-truth or lies from the gossip in the tabloids. Some are minors.

So I say those who feel they can handle all the gossip crap, should be able to find the websites the love to post that kind of stuff. Since I or anyone else I know of has the personal knowledge to atest to what is truth, or what is made up by editors in the tabloids, I'd rather take the higher road and not give those editors any credit by perpetuating their stories. No votes are being taken on this matter though I do welcome comments. I am not putting myself on a pedistal but I do value one word, integrity.
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements