MACCA Radio stream provider offline

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

MACCA Radio stream provider offline

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:36 am

The stream provider for MACCA Radio is having problems and has this message up on their site, "We are currently experiencing a network outage on all stream hosting servers". This is resulting in MACCA Radio being temporarity off-air.

This looks like it was an overnight problem with them and hope they resolve it shortly. We had to discontinue are backup streams because simply I could not afford it. Donations have decreased to the point where I have to start cutting costs and backup streams were the first to go.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:29 pm

Got a temporary backup stream going for today. It is only AACplus so it will only work for the broadband connection with the following players:

MACCA Radio Custom player,
WinAmp (recent version)
Window Media Player (with free orban.com/plugin)
Real Player (purchased, not free version)
VLC
Mike

Postby chris » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:19 pm

mike, its been a little while since i've been able to hear anything on maccaradio...but everythings working today. so, whatever has been done...thanks.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:28 pm

What issues you had prior to today had nothing to do with what happened. You may have not been clicking on the proper player for what software you have on your computer. Once I got the backup stream going, I did re-add the custom player that is embedded on the main macca-central.com page. So maybe that is what your reffering to, once you ok the download for the aol audio plugin, whenever you go to MACCA Central it will automatically start playing. Yes I did disable that for a while as I got a few complaints about that download, people didn't know what it was and confused them.
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements