RSS Feed for MACCA News now available & site updates

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

RSS Feed for MACCA News now available & site updates

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:19 pm

I finally got around to implimenting RSS feeds of the news. The menu on the main page has been updated to reflect this with a little help page for the RSS feed. I'll be adding the new News links on maccaradio.com shortly. Also I updated the forums so the standard menu on the left is visible if it selected from top link on the forums (See Menu).

MACCA-Central.com RSS Feeds

Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is an XML-based format for content distribution. MACCA-Central.com offers one RSS feed but in time will offer several RSS feeds for use in news readers and Web logs (blogs). These feeds include headlines, summaries and links back to MACCA-Central.com for the full article. RSS feeds are free and MACCA-Central.com currently uses RSS 2.0.

How to sign up for MACCA-Central.com RSS Feeds

Click on the below content area(s) you're interested in subscribing to, and follow the instructions to add to your news reader or your personal My Yahoo! or My AOL page.

How to access RSS Feeds

There are a number of ways to access RSS feeds. You can install a news reader that displays RSS feeds from the Web sites you select, enabling you to view hundreds of headlines at once. After installing the news reader, you can add each feed manually from the Web site by clicking on the "Subscribe" or the "XML" orange button next to the feed.

Image RSS XML feed

An alternative to downloading a dedicated news reader is to use a Web-based news reader. For example, My Yahoo! or My AOL users can now add RSS feeds directly to their personal page.

Terms for using MACCA-Central.com RSS Feeds

We encourage the use of MACCA-Central.com RSS feeds for personal use in a news reader or as part of a non-commercial Web site or blog. We require proper format and attribution whenever MACCA-Central.com content is posted on your Web site, and we reserve the right to require that you cease distributing MACCA-Central.com content.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 pm

As mentioned I clean up the menu in the forums as well. To see the standard menu on the left, just click the See Menu link along the top between Profile and Chat.

I also setup a separate Latest News category which is now the first thing you see on the main forum page. Click into Latest News, you have to options:
1. Display the latest news from MACCA News in standard MACCA News format
2. Display the RRS feed of the same news.
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements