Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:35 am

Hope you are safe Mike and keep up the great work!
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
User avatar
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:03 pm

Mike wrote:Friday afternoon I re-organized the solo Beatles sections within The Beatles oBLOGdi-oBLOGda Forums and put John, George and Ringo into their own forums. This seems more appropriate.

At about 5pm I checked out the site, macca-central.com and discovered that the site was hacked into and replaced with an very anti-Jewish site. I will not go into the details but it called for the destruction of Israel. Upon discovery of this I immediately took it down and worked for the next several hours rebuilding MACCA-Central. If I ever catch the ***censored*** who did this . . . well you ge the picture. I first suspect a virus on my computer and someone got in through a backdoor but my computer is clean. The hosting company is doing a trace and will take the appropriate action.

This of course is no coincidence and is directly related to the political discussions I recently closed down on this site. Someone who we thought was a friend, a Beatle/McCartney friend has turned their political hatred towards all of us. It's a shame. I hope this person does not target my family. Yes, we are very worried. All I can say is remember what brought you here in the first place, the love of music.
No matter how much pain someone believes he has received at the hands of another, it is never right to respond with an act of malevolence such as this.

I am against the hacking of people's websites. It's like walking into someone's house, taking a dump, and leaving.

I cannot condone what Mike implies he'd do if he caught the culprit though. That's malevolence even worse than that exampled by the culprit.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby Mike » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:47 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:I cannot condone what Mike implies he'd do if he caught the culprit though. That's malevolence even worse than that exampled by the culprit.


Yeah, well, just what would you do if you got calls at 3am threatening you and your family, just what would you do ? Offer to give the jerk a big hug while he sticks a knife in your gut ?

I did not receive theating calls with this particular incident but it has happened in the past. There are some very disturbed people out there and I don't have the financial means to fund this site myself let alone hire security to protect my family. Yes we have taken other security measures that I will not get into.

Thank you all for the kind words of support, it really does help to know that some are listening and some that do care. Thank you.
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby chris » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:58 pm

Mike wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:I cannot condone what Mike implies he'd do if he caught the culprit though. That's malevolence even worse than that exampled by the culprit.


Yeah, well, just what would you do if you got calls at 3am threatening you and your family, just what would you do ? Offer to give the jerk a big hug while he sticks a knife in your gut ?


listen. i am a pretty peaceful guy by nature. but you threaten my family, and i'm a wee bit more likely to act irrationally in response. if you haven't walked in another man's shoes, don't judge his actions. point is, laz, you don't have to condone whatever action mike takes. whatever happens, will have happened because somene threatened someone else (or worse yet, his family). whether or not you approve of it is irrelevant. this matter concerns only mike and the f*cktard that is bothering him. let mike clean up after himself whatever way he sees fit.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Re: Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:37 am

chris wrote:
Mike wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:I cannot condone what Mike implies he'd do if he caught the culprit though. That's malevolence even worse than that exampled by the culprit.


Yeah, well, just what would you do if you got calls at 3am threatening you and your family, just what would you do ? Offer to give the jerk a big hug while he sticks a knife in your gut ?


listen. i am a pretty peaceful guy by nature. but you threaten my family, and i'm a wee bit more likely to act irrationally in response. if you haven't walked in another man's shoes, don't judge his actions. point is, laz, you don't have to condone whatever action mike takes. whatever happens, will have happened because somene threatened someone else (or worse yet, his family). whether or not you approve of it is irrelevant. this matter concerns only mike and the f*cktard that is bothering him. let mike clean up after himself whatever way he sees fit.
How can two wrongs make a right though? :?:

It never does.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:15 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:
chris wrote:
Mike wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:I cannot condone what Mike implies he'd do if he caught the culprit though. That's malevolence even worse than that exampled by the culprit.


Yeah, well, just what would you do if you got calls at 3am threatening you and your family, just what would you do ? Offer to give the jerk a big hug while he sticks a knife in your gut ?


listen. i am a pretty peaceful guy by nature. but you threaten my family, and i'm a wee bit more likely to act irrationally in response. if you haven't walked in another man's shoes, don't judge his actions. point is, laz, you don't have to condone whatever action mike takes. whatever happens, will have happened because somene threatened someone else (or worse yet, his family). whether or not you approve of it is irrelevant. this matter concerns only mike and the f*cktard that is bothering him. let mike clean up after himself whatever way he sees fit.
How can two wrongs make a right though? :?:

It never does.


So you would let the guy stab you in the gut ? Let him rape your daughter. Right, I really believe that. I surely would use every ounce of energy I had to stop this. Using the intruder who stabbed George as an example, you would stand by, watch him do this, then what, shake his hand ? Or hit him over the head with, lets say a lamp as Olivia did ?
User avatar
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:22 pm

Mike wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:
chris wrote:
Mike wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:I cannot condone what Mike implies he'd do if he caught the culprit though. That's malevolence even worse than that exampled by the culprit.


Yeah, well, just what would you do if you got calls at 3am threatening you and your family, just what would you do ? Offer to give the jerk a big hug while he sticks a knife in your gut ?


listen. i am a pretty peaceful guy by nature. but you threaten my family, and i'm a wee bit more likely to act irrationally in response. if you haven't walked in another man's shoes, don't judge his actions. point is, laz, you don't have to condone whatever action mike takes. whatever happens, will have happened because somene threatened someone else (or worse yet, his family). whether or not you approve of it is irrelevant. this matter concerns only mike and the f*cktard that is bothering him. let mike clean up after himself whatever way he sees fit.
How can two wrongs make a right though? :?:

It never does.


So you would let the guy stab you in the gut ? Let him rape your daughter. Right, I really believe that. I surely would use every ounce of energy I had to stop this. Using the intruder who stabbed George as an example, you would stand by, watch him do this, then what, shake his hand ? Or hit him over the head with, lets say a lamp as Olivia did ?
These are highly unlikely and hypethetical situations.

I would attempt to restrain him as best i could, using minimal force as possible. We do have Laws that will put these lunatics behind bars after the incident.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:59 pm

Laz---that's absurd and very ostrich-like of you (of course, we are used to this sort of lunacy). So let me see..you would let someone damn near kill you by using "minimal" force, in the hopes that the cops will arrive? I hope that you are never seriously attacked---you'll wind up dead or seriously injured, for sure. Do you have children? I think if you did, you would undertand what Mike is talking about. You do what you have to do, period.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Lazarus_2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Steve-o wrote:Laz---that's absurd and very ostrich-like of you (of course, we are used to this sort of lunacy). So let me see..you would let someone damn near kill you by using "minimal" force, in the hopes that the cops will arrive? I hope that you are never seriously attacked---you'll wind up dead or seriously injured, for sure. Do you have children? I think if you did, you would undertand what Mike is talking about. You do what you have to do, period.
wrong! i don't want anyone's blood on my hands, period.

Resorting to their level of malevolence is never the answer.

Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

http://bobdylan.com/moderntimes/songs/doright.html
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
User avatar
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:02 pm

Sounds like you wouldn't want to defend yourself or your family, no matter the cost. Fear?
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to Site News, Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron