Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Categories of Solo Beatles re-arranged - site hacked

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:17 am

Friday afternoon I re-organized the solo Beatles sections within The Beatles oBLOGdi-oBLOGda Forums and put John, George and Ringo into their own forums. This seems more appropriate.

At about 5pm I checked out the site, macca-central.com and discovered that the site was hacked into and replaced with an very anti-Jewish site. I will not go into the details but it called for the destruction of Israel. Upon discovery of this I immediately took it down and worked for the next several hours rebuilding MACCA-Central. If I ever catch the ***censored*** who did this . . . well you ge the picture. I first suspect a virus on my computer and someone got in through a backdoor but my computer is clean. The hosting company is doing a trace and will take the appropriate action.

This of course is no coincidence and is directly related to the political discussions I recently closed down on this site. Someone who we thought was a friend, a Beatle/McCartney friend has turned their political hatred towards all of us. It's a shame. I hope this person does not target my family. Yes, we are very worried. All I can say is remember what brought you here in the first place, the love of music.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:25 pm

Hey Mike

Sorry to hear all the troubles you have had. Hope you are OK and your family too.

I hate those idiots!!

Take care

EddieV
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:44 pm

yeah, i think i can speak on behalf of all of us when i say sorry you have to go through any unneccessary bullsh*t. if there is anything i can do to help, please...don't hesitate to ask. sincerely.

and i hope you can trace back to find out who he is. if you do, i want to ask you to let us know who did it. i'm not ordinarily in favor of "outing" someone, but if this person is doing something hateful to someone we consider friends, than we should know who the coward is.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:35 pm

Mike, you know you have my support as well. Cowardice is the right word for it. Thanks for all you've done to promote Macca's beautiful music that brings us all together.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:42 pm

A dispicable act, for sure. Be well and safe big Mike.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:03 pm

Well, I'm glad everything is back to normal. Some people are just plain weird, I really don't understand why they do things like this.

Keep up the good work Mike
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby amazedbypaul » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Mike,
I'm with you all the way. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope the
jackass who did this is caught soon.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:15 pm

Really sorry and upset by this! Everyone has stated my thoughts and feelings on this well. I noticed something was amiss when a number of replies to the Space Within DVD thread vanished.
Once again, a terrible turn of events! :twisted:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

WOW

Postby jgkojak » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Well- as someone who encouraged political discussion please don't blame the politics on the act of one ***censored***. There are TONS of political sites out there that are far more controversial than anything we say around here (myleftwing.com, dailykos.com, etc.)

As I said previously- get rid of the politics and youre still left w/whatever maturity level you have.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby akweaver » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:23 am

Why cannot people choose to love each other. Sorry to hear about this thing happing to MACCA Central.
Last edited by akweaver on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Toons begin dancing and singing.
akweaver
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements