Duplicate requests

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Duplicate requests

Postby jgkojak » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:04 pm

Just a fun little thought--

The top ten list all-time tends to contain the near-famous songs over the over-famous (i.e. 1985 instead of Band on the Run).

Now, I think some of this is that we don't request the overplayed songs because we hear them all the time anyway.

However, I also noticed- I wonder if some of that is for a song like, say, Band on the Run, you could request it from Wings Greatest, the BOTR album, All the Best or Wingspan.

If we added all the requests for BOTR, Jet, other Wingspan tracks (like Too Many People, Daytime Nighttime Suffering) to their counterparts that are the same recording/same time (i.e. I'll let the short version of With a Little Luck count as a seperate recording) I wonder if that would change the list at all?

Just curious.
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:54 pm

All songs are different, they are assisgned a song ID number. So Band on the Run from Back in the US is not the same or doesn't get counted in any top lists the same as Band on the Run from Wings Over America.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

I understand that

Postby jgkojak » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:35 pm

We just have some songs that are the same exact mix/recording/timing - if I want With a little Luck- sometimes I'll click London Town and sometime Wings Greatest-- same exact song.

This goes w/that otehr threadabout top songs of all time- just curious.
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:57 pm

If with a little luck from London Town has not been requested recently then it will play it, same as the other. but it will combine the same song in the totals because they appear on different albums.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements