What I like best about MaccaRadio

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

What I like best about MaccaRadio

Postby JennyWren » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:39 am

I've been here about 2 1/2 months, having found this site the day after I got my Macca concert tickets. It's been a trip listening to Macca nearly all day, every day. What I've enjoyed the most is hearing old stuff juxtaposed with new stuff. I've learned that I like Macca's vocals better now than in the Beatles' days (I think his voice is richer, and he hasn't lost any range, as far as I can tell), and I've learned that in general I like the live recordings more than studio recordings. There's an spontaneity in the live recordings that's lacking in studio recordings.

Kudos to Mike for letting us indulge in our fave music.
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Macca's vocals

Postby jgkojak » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:11 pm

His vocals are interesting--

He really went into a downward slide from after Press To Play really through the OTG/Paul is Live period.

He then quit smoking- and the change was miraculous.

You first hear it on Free As a Bird.

Then on Flaming Pie, his vocals returned to where they were 15 years before.

He HAS lost range, mainly, he can no longer pull off extended falsettos like "Girlfriend", "So Bad" or "Goodbye". And his power is off- he doesn't sustain powerful moments as long (listen to "The World Tonight"). But his voice is still in remarkable shape.

I think Jeff Lynne is the one who talked Paul into letting his voice be recorded more naturally instead of drowning in chorus and echo (which is the main problem with FITF and OTG).
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:00 pm

I believe Paul's vocals sounded more 'forced" and "self indulgent" for a while therreat now!e. But he sounds great now!

Re: Macca's vocals

Postby Lazarus_2 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:30 pm

jgkojak wrote:His vocals are interesting--

He really went into a downward slide from after Press To Play really through the OTG/Paul is Live period.

He then quit smoking- and the change was miraculous.

You first hear it on Free As a Bird.

Then on Flaming Pie, his vocals returned to where they were 15 years before.

He HAS lost range, mainly, he can no longer pull off extended falsettos like "Girlfriend", "So Bad" or "Goodbye". And his power is off- he doesn't sustain powerful moments as long (listen to "The World Tonight"). But his voice is still in remarkable shape.

I think Jeff Lynne is the one who talked Paul into letting his voice be recorded more naturally instead of drowning in chorus and echo (which is the main problem with FITF and OTG).
don't know what FITF and OTG are... oh wait... Off the ground?... but what is FITF?
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:57 pm

FIFT I think is supposed to be FITD (Flowers in The Dirt)

Return to Site News, Announcements