On Macca Radio... You Gave Me the Answer???

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

On Macca Radio... You Gave Me the Answer???

Postby jgkojak » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:11 am

Listening this afternoon- saw the interesting phenomenon of someone requesting

You Gave Me the Answer
then
You Gave Me the Answer (Wings Over America version)

I think the top 10 list is great fun (and actually wish it were a Top 20-- there might be a greater variety of songs getting attention)--

Wonder if the blocker on a song should extend to all versions of a song once requested?

And again... what's up with that? I love the song... but...

I almost wonder if its a troll?? Someone deliberately pumping up two versions of a decent but stereotypically over-sunny Macca tune?

Just wondering...
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:17 am

First of all I'm moving this post to the MACCAradio section of the forums.

Secondly, the person who requests for "You Gave Me The Answer" obviously really likes this song. A few days ago I noticed it's getting requested a bit too much. Looking up the request data I didn't see anything out of the ordinary like not being requested 3 or 4 times in a row. It looks like he or she is requesting it when they are able to. You are limited to 3 per hour, per listener but no more than 12 per day. I could stop it from being requested but then I will have to pay too much attention to every request. This is costing me a lot of money each month, I only got $77 for the whole month of June, nothing for July as yet, so what do I do. I'm doing this and MACCAcentral and now MACCApodcasting all by myself, not enough time man.

It is suppose to be set so once any song is requested, it can't be requested again for another 8 hours. Today I checked into this and did notice that this was not enabled. This has been corrected. I will go back and deleted some voting for that song as it is unrealistic. One person should not control the top 10.

As per increasing it to top 20, sure I can do that but it will take up more space on the page then I will have to redesign it "again" so to look properly proportioned.

Thanks for bringing this up again. If I didn't see your post I wouldn't not have recheck my settings and made the correction.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

No problem

Postby jgkojak » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:44 am

No problem-

I can't imagine (to quote a Paul title) the amount of time/work/$$$ supporting this site costs-- I listen at work doing paperwork or around the house doing housework and it makes both much more enjoyable!

I was more pointing it out in the hopes that the culprit would be publicly shamed into submission- after all, the Top Ten is just great fun (for us chart enthusiasts).

Thanks for looking into it!
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

It's a great little song

Postby feroli » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:50 pm

Fred Astaire and Macca is a great mix. Maybe he/she just love the song as much as I am.
feroli

Return to Site News, Announcements