Missing Macca songs on MaccaRadio

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Missing Macca songs on MaccaRadio

Postby jgkojak » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:03 am

I love Macca radio...

One of the best parts of being a Macca fan is all those great b-sides (especially in the 80s and 90s) that are sometimes as good as many of the best track on their peer albums.

But many of those songs are missing, even though they're fairly commonly avail. on CD...

A list:

Flying To My Home -- one of my all time Macca favorites-- I put this on a lot of mix Cds for people and they always love it

Big Boys Bickering -- Paul says the F Word... 'nuff said

Kicked Around No More -- should have been the 1st single from OTG

Long Leather Coat -- a more effectiver rocker than "Looking For Changes"

Broomstick -- tasty b-side from Flaiming Pie

A Love For You -- the re-tooled version from In-Laws soundtrack

Finally... its not a b-side but...

Spies Like Us... love it or hate it, its Paul's last US Top 10 so an important song (I love it)

There are numerous others (Its Now or Never, Maybe Baby, the Oobu Joobu -Same Love- Pie B-sides, all the OTG b-sides - the full Cosmically Conscius is great, and dare I mention Party Party???)

Any chance getting some of these up anytime soon...

PS My fave Paul B-side, Rainclouds, isn't even on CD...
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:35 pm

That's one of my priorities to get done, got lots of material to add and will be doing so in the next month or so. Problem is that I have to edit each song to a singles category, that will take a few hours itself.

Stay tuned, they're COMING UP !
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Thank you

Postby jgkojak » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:38 am

Between those additions and the "Chaos and Creation" songs that should shake up the playlist a little...
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

A quick cheat--

Postby jgkojak » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:02 pm

There was that German "Off the Ground--the Complete Works" --

You could always list that as an album and throw the 12 b-sides from OTG under that heading-- as it pretty well summarizes things.

(One site even has a cover photo -- Plugged? maybe)
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:29 pm

I sent Mike a bunch of cds of stuff that wasn't up on the site yet a few months back. This included a lot of the b-sides that has been referred to: Flying To My Home, Long Leather Coat, Big Boys Bickering, Kicked Around No More, Cosmically Conscious (Full), A Love For You, Broomstick and Spies Like Us

Some of the other ones I sent were Sweet Sweet Memories, Style Style, Soggy Noodle, I Can't Imagine, Keep Coming Back To Love, Down To The River, The First Stone, Same Time Next Year, I Wanna Cry, Strawberry Fields/Help!/Give Peace A Chance (Live), Same Love, I Love This House, Atlantic Ocean and even some 45 dubbed copies of Rainclouds, Ode To A Koala Bear and my all time favorite Paul song, I'll Give You A Ring. I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting, but that's a good chunk of them.

Mike said he'd be putting them up shortly. He's got so much stuff on his plate, but he'll get to them soon I'm sure. I have some other stuff I'm gonna send him, including a boat load of Beatles and McCartney demos and outtakes when he's finished putting up this current batch. I wanna help make this the most comprehensive sight for Beatles and Beatles solo music in the world. I encourage everyone to make a donation to keep this great sight going strong for a long time to come. (One coming from me soon Mike)!
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Boots OK?

Postby jgkojak2 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:45 pm

I assumed that since there are no boots posted for request it wasn't legal for him to play boots over maccaradio.

It would be terribly exciting if that weren't the case and we could indeed play them!

That list of materials sent seems pretty comprehensive(!) BONUS points for dubbing over Rainclouds/I'll Give You a Ring-- Rainclouds is one of my faves-- its a sin both weren't included on Wingspan (let's see...instead of the No More Lonely Nights Playout version... but I digress...)

Don't forget Maybe Baby, A Love For You (from in-laws), It's Now or Never and Room with a View.

I have about 6 CDs filled with Macca bootlegs downloaded over the years - be happy to share if anyone has a wish-list.

PS One suggestion: why not simply list all these random songs as "extra tracks" under the McCartney section-- for the photo, just do a little bmp of an apple-labeled 45 (not the actual single, just generic).
jgkojak2

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:24 pm

RickStark79 wrote:I sent Mike a bunch of cds of stuff that wasn't up on the site yet a few months back. This included a lot of the b-sides that has been referred to: Flying To My Home, Long Leather Coat, Big Boys Bickering, Kicked Around No More, Cosmically Conscious (Full), A Love For You, Broomstick and Spies Like Us

Some of the other ones I sent were Sweet Sweet Memories, Style Style, Soggy Noodle, I Can't Imagine, Keep Coming Back To Love, Down To The River, The First Stone, Same Time Next Year, I Wanna Cry, Strawberry Fields/Help!/Give Peace A Chance (Live), Same Love, I Love This House, Atlantic Ocean and even some 45 dubbed copies of Rainclouds, Ode To A Koala Bear and my all time favorite Paul song, I'll Give You A Ring. I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting, but that's a good chunk of them.

Mike said he'd be putting them up shortly. He's got so much stuff on his plate, but he'll get to them soon I'm sure. I have some other stuff I'm gonna send him, including a boat load of Beatles and McCartney demos and outtakes when he's finished putting up this current batch. I wanna help make this the most comprehensive sight for Beatles and Beatles solo music in the world. I encourage everyone to make a donation to keep this great sight going strong for a long time to come. (One coming from me soon Mike)!

That is on the list of things to do, it really is. We had a total harddrive failure beginning of June and over 2 days had to rebuild a new server. It has taken weeks to iron out all the bugs in the install and station programming. Now I'm backing up. I've got a lot of things to add, MACCA singles being the 1st. STAY TUNED to this forum for me to announce when I've done it. Sorry for the very long delay.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements