Macca news

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Macca news

Postby Nico 1 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi Mike

Maccaradio is fantastic. I listen frequently and I'm wondering why I get the same maccanews items broadcast every time over the last few months.
Nico 1

Postby Mike » Wed May 04, 2005 8:12 am

There is "one" reason for that, the keyword being one. I do eveything here at MACCA-Central and MACCAradio including producing spots. Everytime I write a script to do another spot, in this case updating the news with my voice overs, something else comes up on the site.

Mind you I did make some major upgrades recently on the site that required all file references of the 48,000 some odd files be reviewed and modified as the new server is not Windows so all file references are case sensitive. That mean when I had reference to say "/MACCA-Forums" or "/MACCA-Video" I have to go in and edit the code changing to lower case otherwise it's a bad link. There still must be some bad links on the site so please report any bad links.

Getting back to the news, I was also getting pretty sick of the same news items but hope to be more diligent on updating my voice overs for the news.

Thank you for the positive comments on MACCAradio. It is a much heavier burden to run both busy sites. It has taken another giant step in commitment now that everything is much busier with all the buzz about the album and tour. Paul is so busy these last few years, very difficult to keep up the pace.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Nico 1 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:41 am

Thanks for your reply.
Any idea when the new album will be released, and if Paul will tour Australia.
Nico 1

Postby Mike » Thu May 05, 2005 7:15 am

Album is said going to be released before the `US` Tour so my guess is August. As per Australia, since the cancellation of the shows as a result of the bombing, I always thought he would go out of his way to make it up. If there is any extention of this tour, you can bet he'll do Australia. Just my guess though, I have no inside info yet on this.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Simply the best!

Postby TimForSale » Wed May 25, 2005 6:39 am

MaccaRadio is the best! All your hard work is really paying off. I cannot believe how hard you are working. You are a genius! Do not be modest. You have put together two great and indepth sites. One more thing, I would like to know who is the bigger Beatle fan, you or me? LOL!

Seriously, I cannot tell you how much it means to us Beatle nuts to have a music site like this. I listen at work and at home. Now, if I could only get internet in my car!!
TimForSale

Postby Mike » Wed May 25, 2005 1:50 pm

Well, that is something I would like to persue, getting a deal with XMradio or Sirius. Now that would be ultimate. We have a lot of growing to do til I can gain enough support to put a valid proposal forward.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Yes!

Postby TimForSale » Thu May 26, 2005 4:21 am

That is what I was thinking. It would easily be the only station I allowed on my car stereo!
TimForSale

Postby kylestyle » Thu May 26, 2005 7:16 am

Mike wrote:you can bet he'll do Australia

...and I hope New Zealand as well.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Mike » Tue May 31, 2005 7:23 pm

GOOD News to all. MACCAradio will be available in your car or any MP3 compatible player very, very shortly.

STAY TUNED for a major announcement !
Mike Kovacich
Mike

YES!

Postby TimForSale » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:56 am

Wow! Mike! That is some fantastic news!
TimForSale

Return to Site News, Announcements