Website updating next several days

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Website updating next several days

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:53 pm

I'm planning on doing some major updates on the website Sunday so these forums may be unavailable for a day or so. Other areas of MACCA-Central may not function until I correct some database access directives.

It will be temporary, so none to worry.
Last edited by Mike on Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby HeyJude » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:46 pm

Websit, lol! Mike, I think you've just invented a new word :D Otherwise thanks for letting us know, no problem for me
(no, in fact I almost faint at the very thought of spending one whole Sunday without Macca-Central, but I'll try to survive somehow :mrgreen: )
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:02 pm

awesome! what new stuff are you going to add? :)
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:49 pm

OK, I've moved the site. It may take 24 - 48 hours to probogate through the rest of the net. I've added not features just yet but the reason for doing this is I need more capacity. These sites are very busy getting millons of hits each month by tens of thousands of fans. As from last 2004 summer tour at times the server became so slugish I decided to add more capacity.

It's gonna take a little bit to tweak things as the new server is case sensitive to everything including directories, filename and extentions. I spent the last few days just converting code and filenames for the more popular pages. If you happen to find a bad link within the site please let me know.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby HeyJude » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:01 pm

This may be the result of the updates, don't know if it also appears for others, but for me here in the forums, it is shown which forums have new posts in them (with the little orange sign), but when I go to see the topics, all topic seem to have no new messages. Of course I can tell by the dates of the last posts, but I thought I'd still mention it.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby WinoJunko » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:25 pm

Does the moving of the site have anything to do with my avatar not showing?
I go back so far I'm in front of me
WinoJunko

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:45 pm

I can see your avatar WinoJunko
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:45 pm

HeyJude wrote:This may be the result of the updates, don't know if it also appears for others, but for me here in the forums, it is shown which forums have new posts in them (with the little orange sign), but when I go to see the topics, all topic seem to have no new messages. Of course I can tell by the dates of the last posts, but I thought I'd still mention it.
i have the same problem
гигантские кролики!
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:34 pm

WinoJunko wrote:Does the moving of the site have anything to do with my avatar not showing?

Yes it does, I was on a Windows server which doesn't care about filenames being upper or lowercase or any combinatino. This Unix server however is driving me nuts.

Over 48,000 files to go through and change things like whatever.JPG to whatever.jpg and in coding where I say have a link /Albums/FlamingPie etc I have to edit every freaking link.

So I will need the co-operation of all, if you find a bad link, please let me know, I'm going to be checking out some software that will do just that, spider the whole site and report bad links.

All avatars in macca-forums should be fine now.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:36 pm

HeyJude wrote:This may be the result of the updates, don't know if it also appears for others, but for me here in the forums, it is shown which forums have new posts in them (with the little orange sign), but when I go to see the topics, all topic seem to have no new messages. Of course I can tell by the dates of the last posts, but I thought I'd still mention it.

I cleared the sessions area so this should take care of it, mine seem to be working ok now.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements