Schedule

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Schedule

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:45 pm

I usually tune in to Macca Radio at about 11.30 pm Central European Time, and on the days dedicated to the solo Beatles around that time, I find there's always "Just Ringo" first, then George, then John and finally Paul. Nothing against Ringo, he's a great person, but I much prefer the other three's solo stuff, and when finally "Just George" comes on, I normally have to go and get some sleep - and "Just John" for me is reserved for the weekends only. Do you think it might be possible to change the order of the four every now and then? Maybe other European listeners would also be grateful...
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:02 pm

What if Thurs - Saturday I start it 5 hours earlier then repeat it again at normal time ?
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:13 pm

What you mean is that you would start "Just Ringo" instead of 12 pm Central European Time, as you do now, at 7 pm? If that's correct, that might be helpful for others. In my particular case, I'm afraid it wouldn't do the job because I hardly ever have time before 11 pm our time - you see, I'm extremely busy (husband, kids, dog, job...), which makes me extremely difficult to please. So never mind me, I suppose your idea is fine for lots of other European listeners :)
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:41 pm

I've updated so shedule is:
Ringo 1pm & 6pm
George 2pm & 8pm
John 3pm & 8pm
Paul 4pm & 9pm

all times EST (GMT - 5)

This won't help you but admitedly the Ringo slot is the least listened to but I've gotta have time for Ringo man.

I'll keep kicking the schedule around, see what I can come up with.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:26 pm

Thanks anyway. - Now I wasn't suggesting not to dedicate any time to Ringo, I can understand that without him "Beatles solo" wouldn't be complete. Just that if some time in the future it could be possible for George or John to come first, for instance, my pleasure would be even greater, but if it's not possible, never mind. I'll just enjoy the "back to back" and "original Beatles" slots and when during my peak listening time Ringo comes on and I'm not in the mood for his solo stuff, I'll just tune out and listen to some of my Macca CDs :)
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Site News, Announcements