MACCAradio is ON-THE-AIR . . . 24/7

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

MACCAradio is ON-THE-AIR . . . 24/7

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:17 am

I'm proud to announce right here that the testing of MACCAradio has been completed and it is now ON-THE-AIR.

There has been some very good feedback already as per program content but check out the schedule to get an idea. Sundays and Wednesdays are a classic Paul album is played in it's entirety and repeated 1am, 1pm 7pm and 11pm. Then there is 2 for Tuesdays, back to back songs from the same artist.

Presently I allow 3 requests/dedications per hour per listener however as we grow this request feature will only be allowed by club members, otherwise the playlist will be controlled too much by listeners and there will be no format.

I've got a bunch of interviews that I have done that will be re-aired as well as old interviews. Currently Mondays is inteview day where the interview is repeated 1am, 1pm, 7pm and 11pm.

I haven't decided on what night yet as I'll let the listeners dictate that, but there will be an night where I'm live taking live calls from listeners to talk about whatever, politics, Beatles and taking requests of course.

There is a streams for those with a broadband or dialup internet connection using MP3pro technology (WinAmp with MP3pro plugin) that gives you near CD audio quality.

So if you listen to internet radio, take a listen to MACCAradio you'll love it. If you haven't listened to internet radio before, it real easy and just like a real FM radio station except its' thru the internet. You may have to download and install software to listen to mp3's if you don't already have a player installed.

The sound quality is only as good as your PC speakers remember, so I suggest for starters listen with headphones as you will be blown away with the quality and you'll get to hear all the neat tricks the Beatles did in stereo.

Your comments are welcome either in this forum, right here or you can email me privately, mike@MACCAradio.com
Last edited by Mike on Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: MACCAradio is ON-THE-AIR . . . 24/7

Postby buddy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:49 am

Mike wrote:Presently I allow 3 requests/dedications per hour per listener however as we grow this request feature will only be allowed by club members, otherwise the playlist will be controlled too much by listeners and there will be no format.

What are club members? How does one become a club member?
buddy
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:31 pm

This is something I'm considering down the road. As listeners go up, so will the costs and hopefully, so will the donations. Without donations MACCAradio will not be able to be like it currently is. Any listeners who donates will be automatically elligible for basic club membership for that year.

As I said it's being considered as a future possibility as well as premium membership.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby buddy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:38 pm

did you get the donation I sent?
buddy
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:20 pm

Just checked the account and yes I did get it Buddy. Thanks, every bit surely does help and encourgage me to keep doing it :)
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby buddy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:23 pm

I am glad it helps. I can donate more in tyhe future but wasn't sure how much you were expecting from people.
buddy
Supporter
Supporter

Postby buddy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:25 am

Oh PLEASE stop the Christmas music. I hate Christmas music!!!
buddy
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:12 pm

Sorry 'bout that but it's not exactly Christmas music. I will not alter the theme of Christmas on this site.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby buddy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:16 pm

Thats cool, its your site, I just won't listen for a few weeks
buddy
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Site News, Announcements