Posting photos?

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Posting photos?

Postby theDingle » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:13 pm

Mike, have you any rules or guidelines regarding the posting of photos? Will they overload the board? :?
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:02 pm

The basic rule has been no photos as it can get very crazy and use up even more of my limited budget in bandwidth. The exception is when I need to post something I deem important or I allows a forum such as AROTR.

When and if I start getting contributions from users of MACCA-Forums that will help pay for bandwidth, then I will allow features such as photos. I don't see it happening soon as I have received one contribution in all the years of MACCA-Forums.

I know Paul's official board does allow photos but I'm not a billionaire as Paul is so I have to make due with what I have.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby megs » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:03 pm

Mike wrote:The basic rule has been no photos as it can get very crazy and use up even more of my limited budget in bandwidth. The exception is when I need to post something I deem important or I allows a forum such as AROTR.

When and if I start getting contributions from users of MACCA-Forums that will help pay for bandwidth, then I will allow features such as photos. I don't see it happening soon as I have received one contribution in all the years of MACCA-Forums.

I know Paul's official board does allow photos but I'm not a billionaire as Paul is so I have to make due with what I have.
you'll receive a contribution from me once i turn 18, cos then i'll have a checking account :)

(i turn 18 march 2nd, so it's still awhile to go)
гигантские кролики!
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:55 pm

Thank you :!: in advance.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby megs » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:50 pm

your welcome :)
гигантские кролики!
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ZeekyBanutski » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:27 pm

Mike wrote:The basic rule has been no photos as it can get very crazy and use up even more of my limited budget in bandwidth. The exception is when I need to post something I deem important or I allows a forum such as AROTR.

How do you include a small photo in your signature similar to the "MACCAradio.com" you have? I have a small Beatle photo, but there doesn't appear to be a way to post the image (no image tags, etc.,)
ZeekyBanutski

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:43 pm

I can have whatever I want because I own the whole website, me myself and I do everything for MACCA-Central and MACCAradio so I don't have to go to a board of directors to get approval. That's part of the priviledges of spending hour and hours of your spare time and lots of money building and maintaining a mega popular website such as this. It's the I'm the King of the Castle syndrome :) No seriously though.

On top of that I do try to spend quality time with my kids, coaching hockey etc. but simply the time put on these sites are time taken away from my family.

Saying this many times in the past, the main problem allowing photos etc. is that once in a while you get some fool who think the have the right to post anything they want here. Well, posting here is not a right, it's a free privileges to visitors. All I ask in return is courtesy and respect for others.

I recently just upgraded the website to handle much more capacity so I'm going to see how the costs are affected but I am considering allowing pictures at least to premium members who donate minimum amount of $20 a year.

One other issue that must be considered is that not all people have a highspeed connection and getting a page full of images can be very taxing to those on dialup. Therefore I must then reduce the number of visible topics per page as well.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Return to Site News, Announcements