Jump to Profile of Poster

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Jump to Profile of Poster

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:40 am

I've updated the code so when viewing a topic you can jump to the profile of the poster by either clicking on the name or the avatar.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Jump to Profile of Poster

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:02 am

Mike wrote:I've updated the code so when viewing a topic you can jump to the profile of the poster by either clicking on the name or the avatar.
Cool..thanks. Having the option of either is great when a few still have not picked avatars.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:19 am

Yes that's why I did it. I found I had to go to Memberlist often to look up a profile. I was just going to put the PROFILE graphic [img] http://forums.macca-central.com/templat ... rofile.gif[/img]

but I think it's already too crowded there. I was thinking of removing the JOINED DATE from there, what do you think ?

Glad at least your responding Steve, you would think more would see this and give some feedback.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Bluebird » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:34 am

Mike wrote:Yes that's why I did it. I found I had to go to Memberlist often to look up a profile. I was just going to put the PROFILE graphic [img] http://forums.macca-central.com/templat ... rofile.gif[/img]

but I think it's already too crowded there. I was thinking of removing the JOINED DATE from there, what do you think ?

Glad at least your responding Steve, you would think more would see this and give some feedback.
Why would you take the joined day away from profile?
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:44 am

It was a thought cuz it's getting crowded on the left side of viewing a topic. I'm not talking about removing it from the actual profile, just the little summary at the left.

Maybe I can put some of that info in a MOUSEOVER, so when you move the mouse over the area, a little window popups up with more profile details.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:46 am

Mike wrote:It was a thought cuz it's getting crowded on the left side of viewing a topic. I'm not talking about removing it from the actual profile, just the little summary at the left.

Maybe I can put some of that info in a MOUSEOVER, so when you move the mouse over the area, a little window popups up with more profile details.
I think taking away the joined date on each post is a good idea..it's the least needed pc of info on there, IMO
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:48 pm

Good idea, Mike. I like it. Steve-o, your avatar ROCKS, man!! :D
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:52 pm

Ram1 wrote:Steve-o, your avatar ROCKS, man!! :D
Yeah, but my right leg is very tired....and my neck is sore. :lol:
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:57 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Ram1 wrote:Steve-o, your avatar ROCKS, man!! :D
Yeah, but my right leg is very tired....and my neck is sore. :lol:

I think it's the weight of the Pepper outfit. Plus, you have to add in a lb. or two for Macca's 'stache, lol.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby theDingle » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:57 pm

Jumping to the profile is very convenient, even though folks can go to mine and learn very little, lol. Lately I've been thinking about what I should add to it, actually. Moving the joined date to profile sounds fine to me.

All the improvements you've been making are cool. I don't respond with comments sometimes because this is already the coolest Macca/Beatles-related forum I've ever seen. IT'S DA TRUT'! 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements