MACCA Radio changing stream hosting this week

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

MACCA Radio changing stream hosting this week

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Because of unforeseen circumstances of our current stream hosting company, we must make changes to a different provider. This means the IP address of both the broadband and dial-up streams will be changing. When done, it will be immediate however some computers may still use the file that is in the cache of your computer. For those who have bookmarked the link, you will have to replace it with the new one.

I will be testing a new provider shortly and will announce it in this thread once completed. At which time reception reports will be welcome so I can determine to either stay or try another provider. Until we finalize a new stream provider, please be patient and be sure to refresh your page for the new links.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: MACCA Radio changing stream hosting this week

Postby jgkojak » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks Mike - and keep up the good work on this site. People don't tell you enough how much we appreciate macca radio or this forum.

PS Did the spammer just register for an account the old fashioned way or was it some auto-bot exploit?
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 pm

There is an exploit, prob some autobot and I do have to upgrade the code on the forum but it's like a 6 - 8 hour job so I hope to get to it soon. I have found another stream provider and changed the links last night. If your listening now, chances are it's on the new stream provider. Though there is still a bunch of listeners on the old feed, if no complaints, I will be shutting that down at the end of the week. Thanks once again for you kudos. It's all about you guys, the fans.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 pm

OK, the old stream has been shut down, so if you are experiencing problems listening, it is most likely because of that. In order to listen again, just go back to the home page and click on listening options on the right hand side. I just updated the iPhone links late this morning so they are now also working on the new streams.

Those of you who have stand-alone internet radio appliances (aka Wi-Fi radios) like Sqeezebox, you will have to edit the listing for MACCA Radio:
Broadband - 96k stream was 76.73.96.157:8020 but is now - 208.53.158.48:8518
Dialup - 32k stream was 76.73.96.157:8022 but is now - 208.53.158.48:8522

Here are some Wi-Fi Radio devices reviewed by CNET:
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby eastwing97 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:18 pm

OMG!
Thank you so much for the updated info about the radio stream, I have been going crazy trying to troubleshoot why FStream stopped playing MACCA Radio properly on my iPhone 4 (SHOUTCast continued to work, but it's not my app of choice for listening). Just found your posts here, changed the stream info in FStream and VIOLA!! - it's now working like a charm! I only recently realized that I can stream MACCA Radio in my car through my phone, and I am thrilled to have it back!! :-D

On another note, thank you for all you do to keep this site maintained. I have been a FabFan since the beginning, and a fan of your site for years. I look to MACCA-Central exclusively to keep me up-to-date on all things Macca. I met Paul many times in the mid-seventies, and have often thought of putting those stories on paper - if I ever do, I will look to post them to your site, as I know this is a place where those special memories will be enjoyed and appreciated.....

You are amazing, keep up the great work!!

Best always,
Cindy
eastwing97

Return to Site News, Announcements