MACCA Radio having server problems, call for help

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

MACCA Radio having server problems, call for help

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 am

The main server that broadcasts MACCA Radio is on it's last legs. It has been running 24/7 for a number of years now and is in-consistently freezing and resetting on it's own. I'm trying to keep it going as long as I could but I'm afraid I must replace it ASAP. I don't know where I'm going to get the money from but until I can find another computer to use, please understand, if you try to listen as you normally do and can't, it is NOT off-the-air. Try again later.

Couldn't come at at worse time. The last few months, the listening base has increased significantly and it's not good when these new listeners and all you long time listeners, try to tune in and, no connection.

Please be patient, and in the meantime I am putting out a call for help. If anyone wants to volunteer and send me a several hundred dollars to replace the server, it would be tremendously appreciated. Roughly $300 would allow me to buy new components (motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply) and then I could re-build it. However, $500 or more will allow me to purchase either a used server or a newer computer and cut down the time to get it live by a few weeks.

FYI, the broadcast server is located at my location as it is cheaper to run. Otherwise I would have to lease a 3rd Party server and for the amount of music I need on-demand, it would be impossible to afford.

Remember, I do everything on this site, all by myself, part-time. So that is why things take longer to accomplish.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Re: MACCA Radio having server problems, call for help

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:04 pm

same lockup problems, restarting server again (:
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles