Mono Remasters On Macca Radio

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Mono Remasters On Macca Radio

Postby linclink » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Mike- Just curious. You seem to have the new stereo remasters all in rotation here, but...Beatles in mono? I was wondering if you'd enjoy it, to maybe have Beatles Stereo & Mono featured shows during The Beatles segments. Giving folks here who might not have heard the cool variations, the chance to sample some sweet mono Beatles tracks. You could either do just mono & just stereo shows, or mix it up...shows with both stereo & mono tracks (off course that weights against the appearance of the later, two albums & some single tracks, stereo only works)...and you could do album features where mono & stereo versions are played full albums through back to back, or where they are played track to track (mono track #1, then stereo track #1, mono track 32, then stereo track #2, etc.)...just some thoughts for mixing it up mono/stereo fun...
I assume, maybe wrongly, that you have The Beatles Mono Box Set, and am curious to hear your take on both the Stereo & Mono remasters...care to weigh in on this one?
More fun than the Auto Tune debate isn't it?
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: Mono Remasters On Macca Radio

Postby Mike » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:51 am

Yes that would be nice to do, have a show comparing songs from each back to back, let the listener be the judge. Call it, You Listen, You Decide. I wish I had the collection but I do not. I do not foresee in the near future for me to personally buy this. This is what donations are suppose to cover, the purchase of updated and new material but contributions have dropped off quite a bit of late no doubt due to the Christmas season.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Re: Mono Remasters On Macca Radio

Postby linclink » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:56 pm

I haven't actually heard it yet firsthand, or seen it announced here officially but...
the other day I saw an upcoming track & it was listed as "And I Love Her" (mono)...
...so Mike...did you get your Beatles Mono Box Set?
If so I think you'll be pleasantly thrilled!!! And if so, it couldn't have come to a nicer guy!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Return to Site News, Announcements