The Rutles on Macca Radio

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

Re: The Rutles on Macca Radio

Postby Mark Rink » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:25 pm

putting the rutles on Macca-Radio will be like putting the monkees on not a real band so lets stop all this nonsence and move on PLEASE
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Well, whether we like it or not, it is very Beatle related due to the fact that George played an integral part. I am not against having some songs featured, just going to have to figure out how to present them.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby linclink » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:06 pm

I'll certainly vote in favor of having them featured, as well as suggesting that if you do that you hit both the debut album AND the amazing "Archaeology"- the great, oft overlooked, follow-up that came out many moons later. Neil Innes is actually touring again next year & I truly hope to catch him live. LOVE The Rutles!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby jgkojak » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 am

Hey Mike -

I'm with you-- let's get some Rutles on here!

Just put them in with Beatles Friends (because they were just that!)
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mclarke825 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Mark Rink wrote:putting the rutles on Macca-Radio will be like putting the monkees on not a real band so lets stop all this nonsence and move on PLEASE

The Monkees may have started out playing a fictional band on TV, but the music was still good, and they even played their own instruments after a time, and toured like a real band. The music Neil Innes made for the Rutles is still good and very much in the Beatles style.

jgkojak wrote:Hey Mike -

I'm with you-- let's get some Rutles on here!

Just put them in with Beatles Friends (because they were just that!)

Exactly. If they can play Badfinger they can play the Rutles.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby Mark Rink » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:41 pm

:lol: you have to be kidding me clarke Badfinger where a fantatic band that fell on hard times.your comparing the rutles to Badfinger? Your an idiot,I guess next you'll want Mike to start playing The Partridge Family...you dope %-(
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mclarke825 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:38 am

Mark Rink wrote::lol: you have to be kidding me clarke Badfinger where a fantatic band that fell on hard times.your comparing the rutles to Badfinger? Your an idiot,I guess next you'll want Mike to start playing The Partridge Family...you dope %-(

First of all, I was not comparing the quality of their music, just the fact that they were in the category of "friends of the Beatles."

Second, the fact that we have different opinions has nothing to do with relative intelligence, so there's no reason to be insulting. "And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make."

As Ringo says, "Peace and Love!"
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby james1985 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am

Rinky Dink is being a bit Ron Nasty!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Sure Badfinger were a great band that did fall into some bad situations that lead to 2 suicides, and the Rutles were born to spoof The Beatles, pure and simple. One may disagree as to the talent of Innes, well, just doesn't justify name calling. No matter what way you look at it, it's all cheese and onions cuz you can't buy me lunch cuz all you need is cash. Get it?
(Hint see hyphenation, they are actually songs by Badfinger and The Rutles, relax man. . .)
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Chill out Rinky Dink, they're just asking for some Rutles music to be put on an internet radio station, not be selected as the national anthem for Germany. :roll:

And I'm sure The Monkees are better than half of the crap in your record collection.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Site News, Announcements